The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU finished 3rd in the ASUN. Will play Jacksonville at Vines center in first round of tournament. Finishing 3rd is quite an accomplishment, considering all the injuries. Coach Green gets my vote for Coach of the Year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
WHEN is the game, Ballcoach? And why does a 3rd place team get to host? :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:WHEN is the game, Ballcoach? And why does a 3rd place team get to host? :dontgetit
Higher seed.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:WHEN is the game, Ballcoach? And why does a 3rd place team get to host? :dontgetit
Game is Friday, March 8.

Quarterfinals: Friday(8th)
Semifinals: Wednesday (13th)
Championship: Sunday (17th)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
This team has really improved as the conference season has gone on. I was pretty critical early on but if I am going to be critical I also need to be able to give credit when credit is due.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Friday at 7 PM. The women's tournament has the same format as the men's. Higher seed hosts.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:This team has really improved as the conference season has gone on. I was pretty critical early on but if I am going to be critical I also need to be able to give credit when credit is due.
So now we aren’t calling for Green to get fired? This is so confusing :D
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We host winner of N. Florida vs N. Alabama Wednesday . #2 Stetson got beat tonight by #7 Kennesaw State.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
According to the post game show on the radio, LU will be hosting North Florida.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You like anything? Seems all you talk about is what you don't like
By Jonathan Carone
ballcoach15 wrote:I am not sure if I like this reseeding deal. I see no good reason for it.
There’s a perfectly good reason for it. The conference wants the team who has been the best team throughout the regular season to have the absolute best chance at making the NCAA tournament. It rewards the regular season winner.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
And gives the auto bid recipient the best chance of getting into and winning in the NCAA tourney. A win equals another share of NCAA money. Therefore, like almost always, follow the money!
By tyndal23
It is the only smart way to go - not sure why they just now changed it to that format this year...
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
With the reseeding, FGCU has what looks like an easy path to the finals, although obviously KSU must have played well to knock off Stetson. I think that could work to our advantage if we face them for the championship.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
One thing I have always liked about post season tournaments, is that they give every team an opportunity to reach NCAA tournament, regardless of how they do in regular season. Most people don't remember who won what in regular season, it's the post season that they remember.
Not college, but I believe wild card teams have won Super Bowl and World Series in the past. One of my favorite tournaments of all time, was a local high school baseball team went 6-12 in regular season, and won state championship. Another of my favorites is last year's NCAA basketball tournament, when UVA was seeded #1, and probably given the easiest road to Final 4. They lost in first round to a #16 seed.
To sum it all up, trophies are won in post season playoffs.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:With the reseeding, FGCU has what looks like an easy path to the finals, although obviously KSU must have played well to knock off Stetson. I think that could work to our advantage if we face them for the championship.
I hope KSU beats FGCU.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
oldflame wrote:With the reseeding, FGCU has what looks like an easy path to the finals, although obviously KSU must have played well to knock off Stetson. I think that could work to our advantage if we face them for the championship.
I hope KSU beats FGCU.
I have mixed feelings. It obviously would be great to be at home, but if KSU plays well enough to beat the top 2 seeds, they clearly would be a dangerous opponant in the final. After coming so close at home a few weeks ago, I would love to see us be the ones to finally knock off FGCU.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:One thing I have always liked about post season tournaments, is that they give every team an opportunity to reach NCAA tournament, regardless of how they do in regular season. Most people don't remember who won what in regular season, it's the post season that they remember.
Not college, but I believe wild card teams have won Super Bowl and World Series in the past. One of my favorite tournaments of all time, was a local high school baseball team went 6-12 in regular season, and won state championship. Another of my favorites is last year's NCAA basketball tournament, when UVA was seeded #1, and probably given the easiest road to Final 4. They lost in first round to a #16 seed.
To sum it all up, trophies are won in post season playoffs.
But giving the regular season importance is something that shouldn't be ignored. It increases the value of every game. It doesn't take any chances away from anybody but it help rewards those you played well during the season.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]