The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Chainsaw777
Second time around, lots of energy, really lopsided win. So much better than this team. FGCU will be tough but it is possible for sure. Lost by 1 in our house.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
I have been tough on Carey Green, but he has done a great job with this team! we have the chance to beat FGCU.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
FGCU has 6 transfers playing.

Apparently they can't recruit high school players very well.

Another reason why NCAA should limit transfers. When 1 schools has 6 transfers, something is wrong.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:FGCU has 6 transfers playing.

Apparently they can't recruit high school players very well.

Another reason why NCAA should limit transfers. When 1 schools has 6 transfers, something is wrong.
Smesko "recruits" players wherever he can find to them to fit his very successful system. Basically plays 5 guards between 5'6" and 5'11". Look at this system in terms of 3 pointers taken and made and what is even more phenomenal is the teams Assist to T/O ratio; always on the positive side since he's been there and then compare to our team which is always one of the worst in any conference. BTW we have 2 starters who are transfers who both made us a better team than what was "recruited" out of HS. Look at our 5 freshmen now. Not many, if any, are D1 material.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We need to shoot the ball quicker in each possession. We waste too much time trying to get ball inside, thus the longer we go without taking a shot, the greater the chance for a turnover to happen. When you turn ball over 20 times a game, that's a potential 20 points, you lose. Now granted, we will not score on all 20 possessions, but we should score on 35-40% of them.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
We know where ballcoach got his basketball coaching chops. :lol: He wouldn’t leave the ball thouugh

[youtube]Do7U7AkA5jA[/youtube]
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I learned how to coach basketball, when stationed in the Army in Korea back in 1977. The commander called me into his office, and said "you are the basketball coach". He knew I was a good softball coach, thus he figured I knew basketball also.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I learned how to coach basketball, when stationed in the Army in Korea back in 1977. The commander called me into his office, and said "you are the basketball coach". He knew I was a good softball coach, thus he figured I knew basketball also.
This says so much about what you don’t know
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]