The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By prototype
Registration Days Posts
New Covenant wasn't invited that i know of. Figured that would be it, but just haven't heard anything.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We lose 68-56. Turnovers and poor shooting killed us. I forget %, but we shot better from 3 point land, than inside the arc. According to someone, I talked with who saw game, we held onto the ball too long, thus creating opportunities for TOs, or a rushed shot to beat shot clock. this was a game that we should have won. Some Stetson player went 9-10 from the field, 4-4 from foul line, for 22 points.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We lose 68-56. Turnovers and poor shooting killed us. I forget %, but we shot better from 3 point land, than inside the arc. According to someone, I talked with who saw game, we held onto the ball too long, thus creating opportunities for TOs, or a rushed shot to beat shot clock. this was a game that we should have won. Some Stetson player went 9-10 from the field, 4-4 from foul line, for 22 points.
That is CG’s general style, holding ball and working clock. IMHO, it more often just means greater chance for TO or rushed shot - just like you said BC.

The Stetson high-scorer was their post, very unusual for a CG team to give up inside scoring in conference like that. Their wing Beach is arguably the top individual talent in the conference. Maybe sold out a lot to stop her? I don’t know, I didn’t see the game.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Vincent is 6'4" and basically playing because their best player and conference POY and defensive POY, Saeger who is 6'3", is out. Barber is not a true post player and Rettstat is maybe a stretch 4. We played today's game without our starting PG (Baker-injured) our 2 guard (Gulley-flu) and last year's BSC POY (Green out for season). Hopefully, we get healthy and beat Stetson in tournament and then take our chances with FGCU who will be in the championship game facing Stetson or LU.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In women's basketball, the worst thing a team can do is hold the ball and drain clock. The longer they hold it, the greater the chance for a TO. Bring ball across mid court and shoot it. With a missed shot, there's a chance to get rebound if you crash the boards. if you turn it over, good chance other team will score off the TO. I believe that's called a "4 point swing"
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:We lose 68-56. Turnovers and poor shooting killed us. I forget %, but we shot better from 3 point land, than inside the arc. According to someone, I talked with who saw game, we held onto the ball too long, thus creating opportunities for TOs, or a rushed shot to beat shot clock. this was a game that we should have won. Some Stetson player went 9-10 from the field, 4-4 from foul line, for 22 points.
That is CG’s general style, holding ball and working clock. IMHO, it more often just means greater chance for TO or rushed shot - just like you said BC.

The Stetson high-scorer was their post, very unusual for a CG team to give up inside scoring in conference like that. Their wing Beach is arguably the top individual talent in the conference. Maybe sold out a lot to stop her? I don’t know, I didn’t see the game.
He usually has some solid low post players to work it inside to. So that takes some time. He doesn’t have a team that can make that adjustment on the fly. And they did just win, what? 5 games in a row?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Lots of turnovers? Color me surprised.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:New Covenant wasn't invited that i know of. Figured that would be it, but just haven't heard anything.
I don't think that NCS is bothered- with last years graduates having a 20% acceptance rate to UVA, and Freshman of the year awards to NCS grads at VaTech and VMI, LU is a low bar. Actually, was likely an oversight or a scheduling issue; after all, when McCaw cam to Lynchburg, he put his daughter in NCS.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
prototype wrote:New Covenant wasn't invited that i know of. Figured that would be it, but just haven't heard anything.
I don't think that NCS is bothered- with last years graduates having a 20% acceptance rate to UVA, and Freshman of the year awards to NCS grads at VaTech and VMI, LU is a low bar. Actually, was likely an oversight or a scheduling issue; after all, when McCaw cam to Lynchburg, he put his daughter in NCS.
Wow, somebody knows my former employer well.

Love the school, truly. My time there was some of the best years of my life.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
It was all public schools. Looks like they didn't invite any private schools. Which is fine...

Man - were they loud!!!!!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU's Honors Program gets a lot of New Covenant's students. I was even invited to hear a thesis defense over there a couple of years ago. Many of our Honors Program alumni are teachers there now. Study
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Forgive my ignorance of the school. Do they teach from a classical or traditional perspective? Are they traditional 5-day or university model? Just curious.
Classical.

Traditional 5 day.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Forgive my ignorance of the school. Do they teach from a classical or traditional perspective? Are they traditional 5-day or university model? Just curious.
Classical.

Traditional 5 day.
And K-12. Latin starts in 1st grade, if memory serves. Great place.

Coached two years there. Loved it.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]