The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By PAFlame
I purchased the ESPN+ subscription for A-Sun season and saw the ladies were playing today. I have no idea what I’m watching, we are down 32-14 at the half and play the laziest zone defense I’ve ever seen. Besides Baker and Gulley, are there any athletes on this team? Rettstatt looks like she needs an oxygen tank after 2 possessions and I guess we don’t care about taking care of the ball? But hey, at least we are BIG.
By cruzan_flame13
PAFlame wrote:I purchased the ESPN+ subscription for A-Sun season and saw the ladies were playing today. I have no idea what I’m watching, we are down 32-14 at the half and play the laziest zone defense I’ve ever seen. Besides Baker and Gulley, are there any athletes on this team? Rettstatt looks like she needs an oxygen tank after 2 possessions and I guess we don’t care about taking care of the ball? But hey, at least we are BIG.
From the looks of things, the team was heavily run by Green. In my opinion, Rettstatt is mainly on the team because her sister played for the Flames. This season looks bad and really need to step up with recruiting for next season (not sure if I have any hope for them this season). Right now they have Asia Todd, who is a talented player. I do have a question; is it time for coach Green to retire?
By Chainsaw777
It was tough to watch, we don't play good defense and seemingly run few offensive plays and missed almost half our free throws. At one point it was 20-6 personal fouls against Liberty which both Gully and Baker had 3 fouls in the end of 1st/beginning of 2nd. Welcome to the ASUN was the message I heard. Fouls weren't the difference, just insult to SELF-injury.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
It’s time for Green to go.

Unfortunately, I doubt anyone will force him to leave. He’s had over five years to solve the turnover problems, and either he doesn’t know how to, or doesn’t care.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’ll have a live first hand look Saturday
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:is it time for coach Green to retire?
Ballcoach's sources say "NO, not gonna happen." :nono
By PAFlame
The thing that greatly bothered me was how ridiculously talented this team was from 2014-2016. Any coach in America would have absolutely killed to have the roster we had (Rininger who had the talent to play in the WNBA before her injury, Adams, Kearney) and would have certainly taken them back to maybe a Round of 32 or even Sweet 16 with good coaching. It’s almost like the team ended up coaching themselves (and Coch Sherard developing them into incredible players) and there hasn’t been a recovery since. Transfers galore too. Something is happening but I fear the administration will absolutely allow Green to completely destroy the program, just as he built it.

Coach Green is a legend, but he needs to realize when it’s time.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Do we still waste time on shot clock, trying to get ball inside, before we even think about shooting ?

I have yet to see team play this season , but hope to be in Vines Center next home game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I was told before season started that it was going to be a long season. (due to injuries and transfers)
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I was told before season started that it was going to be a long season. (due to injuries and transfers)
Always an excuse.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I was told before season started that it was going to be a long season. (due to injuries and transfers)
Always an excuse.
Seems like a reoccurring theme.

Green has a high alarming transfer rate that alone should raise red flags.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:
jbock13 wrote:
Always an excuse.
Seems like a reoccurring theme.

Green has a high alarming transfer rate that alone should raise red flags.
I'm not so much concerned with the rate of transfers as I am with the who and why. Ritchie has had a fairly high transfer rate too, but after the initial purge, pretty much all of them have fallen into what I call the "win/win" category. Players who were not projected to make a big contribution leaving to go somewhere they can play and freeing up a scholarship for someone who can upgrade our talent. Green has been losing starters and top prospects. I don't pretend to know what the reasons for their decisions to transfer were, but I do know what they were NOT, and what is left is concerning.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There have been rumors for years of things that have contributed to transfers within the women's program but they were just rumors and I have no idea if they were even true so I hesitate to even put that stuff on this board. Regardless, it is clear to see Green has lost his way a bit but at the same time it was bound to catch up to him one of these days. Even his best teams had trouble turning the ball over and playing very streaky on the offensive side. At some point it was going to get the best of the program and it has.

The sweet 16 run was a long time ago now. You can't hang your hat on that forever.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I'd go with his wife over him but that's just me.

Just don't ask ballcoach for his opinion ;)
Funny you should mention that....
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Maybe Mrs. PH? I like her tenacity, experience. 8) Play Basketball :cheerleader
FIFY :lol:

Was Ballcoach on a mission to scout our next HC?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The next coach will have P5 Conference experience, (probably at a Big 12 school).

Print this, and post it on refrigerator door, or tape it to computer screen. Play Basketball
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]