The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I believe I know which school you're referring to, but since you didn't name it, neither will I. Do you think that school will wait until end of season to issue pink slip ?
I suspect she will finish the season. I think the only way she is back next year would be a miracle tournament run. For anyone who hasn't figured it out, I'm talking about Holly Warlick at Tennessee.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’d be truly SHOCKED if Tennessee hired a male.

I keep waiting for UNC to drop. I swear Sylvia has nine lives. And I’m happy for her. But sheesh what’s it gonna take?!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Same thoughts here. I can't see TN hiring a male. But when hiring a coach, go after best coach you can find, regardless of gender.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I agree with you ideally. But we both know the politics on a college campus rarely allow for the most ideal situations or solutions.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I intentionally avoided getting political with my previous post, but since you mentioned it, I see a lot of hires, that are political in nature with women's sports. Resume means very little to some schools.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I intentionally avoided getting political with my previous post, but since you mentioned it, I see a lot of hires, that are political in nature with women's sports. Resume means very little to some schools.
I hadn't thought about this when I suggested it, but I think JK37 is probably right. I do not think it would be particularly political at Tennessee. More a matter of respecting the tradition established by Summitt. Resume will be VERY important. I honestly don't know who would be the top female candidates. It's actually pretty crazy that Warlick is on the hot seat after a 12-1 start, with the only loss to #8 Stanford and a win over #12 Texas, but she most definately is. 2-5 in the SEC with losses to a couple of mediocre opponents, notably Bama. Obviously expectations are very high.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:What are you ?
what am I? I am not someone who think he knows more than proven DI coaches, I am not someone who ridicules one of the top High school coaches in Virginia. You maybe passionate about Liberty sports like most on this board, but you say some seriously stupid things. Now go along and play shuffleboard and stay off the computer.
By Class of 20Something
bigsmooth wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:What are you ?
what am I? I am not someone who think he knows more than proven DI coaches, I am not someone who ridicules one of the top High school coaches in Virginia. You maybe passionate about Liberty sports like most on this board, but you say some seriously stupid things. Now go along and play shuffleboard and stay off the computer.
Post Of The Year voting has closed for the 2019 season. Better luck next year everyone.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I wish you posted more often, bigsmooth. Great stuff :lol:
lol postie… if I had time I would.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
While you boneheads are debating strategies to replace Green, the ladies win on the road again.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:While you boneheads are debating strategies to replace Green, the ladies win on the road again.
So you’re saying he’s righted the ship?
(Oh and I called your people today. If they are really even “your people “ anymore “ :D )
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe that's 4 straight conference wins, which is good, considering we started 0-3.

Lipscomb has lost 17 straight games.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I guess turkey hunting season is over.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:I guess turkey hunting season is over.
The January season ended last Saturday. They started winning earlier than that. Or maybe he tagged out early.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
rogers3 wrote:While you boneheads are debating strategies to replace Green, the ladies win on the road again.
So you’re saying he’s righted the ship?
(Oh and I called your people today. If they are really even “your people “ anymore “ :D )
Oh, they are my people...ALL mine, as of May 2018! For the right price, you could get a bit of that!
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
McCracken in rare form at game today. Face painted like William Wallace with a long blonde wig :?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:Another win!
Yep, 5 in a row. Truth be told, those were pretty much against the conference bottom feeders. It will be interesting to see how we do the second go-round against Stetson and FGCU. Considering the talent on the sidelines in street clothes, this has still been a pretty impressive run, even considering the competition.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
Yep, 5 in a row. Truth be told, those were pretty much against the conference bottom feeders. It will be interesting to see how we do the second go-round against Stetson and FGCU. Considering the talent on the sidelines in street clothes, this has still been a pretty impressive run, even considering the competition.
After that start, putting 5 Conference wins in a row together is pretty laudable. Very easy and understandable if they just mailed the season in
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
Very true, we seem to be playing better since the PG got hurt.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]