The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Green has long overstayed his welcome but that isn't a popular opinion around these parts.
But he got us to the Sweet 16 fifteen years ago! Oh, and he finished 4’th in Heisman voting in 1970, or something like that.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That sweet 16 run was pretty amazing and I was a student then.

But yeah, I have been saying for the past 5 or 6 years that he needs to retire and it is always met with criticism. He isn't going to be fired so he needs to realize it himself and just retire. He won't so the program will remain in this state. We should have used that sweet 16 run to advance to the next level but that didn't happen.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The A Sun is going to be a lot tougher competition than the Big South (I’m sure someone will pull out some ranking that says otherwise) If for no other reason than the amount of travel.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
LU was picked 2nd in preseason but with the BSC player of the year and our best player by far (Keyen Green) out for the year we will struggle to finish 4th or 5th in ASUN. Basically playing with mostly sophomores and freshmen in the rotation. We have no post presence which has been a staple of LU since CG has been coach. He has two good recruits coming next year and a very good 6'5" girl coming the following year. Probably won't have a winning record this year unless the defense steps up, gets more rebounds from the guards, and limits TOs. Next year should be much better.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
yeah...which is why we need a new coach. He can't seem to figure out how to instill any kind of discipline. If you limit your turnovers you can overcome poor play from time to time.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:yeah...which is why we need a new coach. He can't seem to figure out how to instill any kind of discipline. If you limit your turnovers you can overcome poor play from time to time.
Or if you generate more possessions
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
but it is tough to continuously overcome turnover trouble even if you are able to generate more possessions
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:leave the coaching to your wife ;)
She’s the one who said that!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:yeah...which is why we need a new coach. He can't seem to figure out how to instill any kind of discipline. If you limit your turnovers you can overcome poor play from time to time.
Or if you generate more possessions
Bingo!

Speaking of the ASUN, it is absolutely a better league than BSC. FGCU’s trip to Lynchburg should be required for all b-ball fans. That offense is a thing of beauty.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
POST OF THE YEAR! :rofl At least Purple finally gave credit when credit is due, since she is the one in the family who actually gets PAID to coach. :fineprint
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
POST OF THE YEAR! :rofl At least Purple finally gave credit when credit is due, since she is the one in the family who actually gets PAID to coach. :fineprint
I’ll have you know fine sir we BOTH get paid! So put that in your corn cob pipe and smoke it! :dramaqueen

(At least this year I’m getting paid. I usually just work for free gear!!!)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Where does she coach at ?
After 30 years and with her record? Anywhere she wants to
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I humbly stand corrected, Purple. :oops:

I figured you were just reimbursed with free nachos, but I'm glad to hear that you are drawing a paycheck again for coaching!

TF's favorite line is that Ballcoach worked several years as a volunteer assistant coach, but he was overpaid. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I humbly stand corrected, Purple. :oops:

I figured you were just reimbursed with free nachos, but I'm glad to hear that you are drawing a paycheck again for coaching!

TF's favorite line is that Ballcoach worked several years as a volunteer assistant coach, but he was overpaid. :lol:
This stop on the coaching tour has no nachos. And for that I am distraught. The last stop had stellar nachos. But I do get a free upgrade to the Large Popcorn so that’s nice
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

I admit I am not a basketball guru. but apparently it isn't at a "high profile school". If it was, I probably would know.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

I admit I am not a basketball guru. but apparently it isn't at a "high profile school". If it was, I probably would know.
Neither my life nor my happiness is determined by whether you know of where Mrs Purple and I have coached or not. “High Profile” is in the eye of the beholder. When she took them over they certainly were not by any measure
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I don't think that school has been relevant in girl's basketball since Leona Hudson played there in the 60's.

(need to update school website and MaxPreps Website.)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I don't think that school has been relevant in girl's basketball since Leona Hudson played there in the 60's.

(need to update school website and MaxPreps Website.)
Which school? There’s been more than one. Because they don’t usually become high profile till she gets there 8)
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]