The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Knoxville, Tennessee

Lady Vols Official Site

Holly Warlick
6th Season as UT Head Coach

Thompson-Boling Arena
Seats 21,678 - Opened in 1987

Key Players

#21 Mercedes Russell
    6' 6" Senior Center
    Thru 31 Games: Averaging 15.3 Pts, 9.1 Rebs & .8 Assists + 58.8 FG%

#31 Jaime Nared
    6' 2" Senior Guard/Forward
    Thru 31 Games: Averaging 17.1 Pts, 7.7 Rebs & 2.3 Assists + 23.8% (25-of-105) on 3-Pt Attempts + 82 FT%
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Oh Boy - this would be the upset of the Century and in Women's Basketball - that doesn't happen very often. I just hope we can lose by less than 20 - that would be a win for me.
Just doing a comparison with those two profile pictures of the UT players and the comparing those to our players, the lady flames look like pre- teens! This is going to be a crazy battle for our ladies, but i hope the best for them and they enjoy the opportunity!
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Just doing a comparison with those two profile pictures of the UT players and the comparing those to our players, the lady flames look like pre- teens! This is going to be a crazy battle for our ladies, but i hope the best for them and they enjoy the opportunity!
You should have seen the disparity 20 years ago when they played ODU!
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Turnovers killed us but that's mostly due to their size. Baker was the only one who could dribble around them but Green took her out almost half the quarters which I don't understand. Everyone else was a turnover machine.

Next year the Indiana transfer is eligible and they welcome a 6'6 and two 6'4 forwards.
So you are saying we will be better? This was embarrassing for us, the conference, and anyone who earns a scholarship to play basketball.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
UT made 24 of 30 shots in 2nd half. Their height, length and speed exposed our BSC talent. We are a young team and will have to add a couple pieces next year to be a little better. Not sure how productive the 6'5" redshirt (Apilyn Bony) or the 6'4" redshirt (Amy West)will be next year but we do have a 6'3" lady coming next year who will be a contributor right away.
ALAFlamesFan wrote:So you are saying we will be better? This was embarrassing for us, the conference, and anyone who earns a scholarship to play basketball.
The gulf between the top tier teams and the rest in women's basketball is huge. This game turned out probably about as expected.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
ALAFlamesFan wrote:So you are saying we will be better? This was embarrassing for us, the conference, and anyone who earns a scholarship to play basketball.
The gulf between the top tier teams and the rest in women's basketball is huge. This game turned out probably about as expected.
Specifically, there are about 12 WBB programs that are very very good almost every year and a few more who are a bit less consistant, but are just as good in their good years. Then, of course there is UConn. Winning from a 16 is all but impossible (although it actually happened once) and 15 or 14 is almost always way harder than MBB, but the good news is, chances improve exponentially if you can get a 13 or higher.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]