The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Mason is taking a pounding from Maryland on Comcast
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I am watching the game. LU could face Maryland in the December College Park Tourney. Definately looking forward to Tuesday though
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
absturgill, I would make the trip to Fairfax if it was on a weekend, weekdays are tough especially this one coming up. I was the person you talked to before the Towson game remember. We should get a win here. Mason was picked to finish 6th in the conference and was killed by Maryland today by 50 points. Look for Megan to do her thing and judging what has transpired so far this season we should do very well in our non-conference portion of our schedule which is more important than Big South play since it will affect our seedings assuming we make the tourney. Need a big win against either UVA, Tech, Maryland, George Washington, or Pitt to get a favorable seeding.
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
Hey Steve, of course I remember you from Towson, that was a great game. I am looking forward to seeing Megan do her thing. I definately agree that the non-conference portion of the schedule is important. If LU can get a win with some of the marquee teams in the non-conf. portion, we should get a pretty acceptable seeding. I believe we could beat a George Washington, knock off either UVA or VT. The College Park Tourney looks very intreging if we should beat Marist and Maryland beats UNC Greensboro.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Well, VT we should definitely be able to knock off...its at home and Radford beat them. GW I dunno, UVa I think we could, and Pitt I can see happening...but one thing is clear though, and that is we cannot afford to lose to any other mid-majors like Marist, Binghamton or JMU-those are strong programs (for midmajors) and beating them will definitely help us in seeding in the NCAAs, provided we take care of business in the Big South tourney.
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
good point ATrain. The non-conference schedule willbe critical. I am not sure of Chris or Jamie and Jerod reported it with coach Green talking about the biggest problem being complecancy.

Should be a good ballgame tomorrow night. I can't wait to see the Frazee triplets LIVE.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
absturgill, come say hi before the game tomorrow if you want to. Hope everything is going well
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
I sure will. Look forward to seeing you.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
absturgill wrote:good point ATrain. The non-conference schedule willbe critical. I am not sure of Chris or Jamie and Jerod reported it with coach Green talking about the biggest problem being complecancy.
It was discussed in the season preview. Quick note: Liberty is 0-11 all-time against George Mason, but the teams haven't played in 15 years.
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Chris, I just read what you had said about 0-11. Intresting
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
Here is an intresting tidbit form the game notes
* Under Coach Green, Liberty has won it's initial raod game only once, in 2002 against VCU, a CAA team*

Also, Alexandra Bream is related to Shannon Bream, anchor on WRC NBC 4 Here in Washingotn. Thanks to SCAR for that one.

GW Men's Coach, Karl Hobbs' daughter is a freshman on the GMU team.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
LU w/ early 9-4 lead
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
LU down 39-29 at the half.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Lady Flames win 61-56.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Nice comeback. They were down by 10 in the second half at one point. The 2 Frazee's carried them this game.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
The 3 Frazee's accounting for 50 of the team's 61 points. Unbelievable!
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Nice come from behind win but not liking our chances if we have to face Maryland
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:The 3 Frazee's accounting for 50 of the team's 61 points. Unbelievable!
need the rest of the team to score besides the frazees. team was outrebounded by 2 tonight.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
The Frazee's need to get some more scoring help if we are to hang with these tougher teams.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:The Frazee's need to get some more scoring help if we are to hang with these tougher teams.
you are right. they can't do it by themselves.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:The Frazee's need to get some more scoring help if we are to hang with these tougher teams.
Why? They did the scoring tonight but they have many many weapons. In hoops usually 3 people do 75% of the scoring so I don't see a problem with the way we won. A win on the road in division 1 basketball esp being down 10 is big. Congrats to the ladies. Molly played 22 minutes. That may be a career high. This team is certainly balanced enough in my opinion. The other night Rebecca Lightfoot scores double figures off the bench in about 15 minutes of action. Tonight she played 2 minutes. You don't know who you have to stop to beat this team other than Megan Frazee. Fasnacht or Watkins or KP will hurt you on a given night. You can't take the outcome and the score of one game and distribute it to the rest of the season. As SJ said in the football thread, the distributive property doesn't work in sports scores (or something to that affect). Congrats ladies. On a side note, I sat with former Liberty assistant Chris Carroll at the Richmond/East Carolina men's game tonight. Spiders won in OT btw. Chris and the Lady Spiders played UConn pretty well for a good portion of the game last night before losing by 32. He gave me season passes to the games too. I will be watching some A-10 and CAA hoops here in Richmond for sure. Anyone up for a drive out to the State capital just holla at ya boy for tix.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
From our SID friends:
Frazees Fuel Comeback Win at George Mason

November 14, 2006
Fairfax, Va.

Megan, Molly and Moriah Frazee combined to score 50 of Liberty’s 61 points Tuesday evening at George Mason, helping the Lady Flames come back from a 39-29 halftime deficit to claim a 61-56 victory.

Liberty is now 2-0 on the season after defeating the Patriots for the first time in 12 tries. George Mason has begun its year at 0-2 after being limited to 17 second-half points on 25 percent shooting from the floor.

George Mason committed turnovers on each of its first four possessions, allowing the Lady Flames to take an early 7-0 lead. Megan Frazee and Moriah Frazee combined for all seven markers for the visitors and the pair would tally Liberty’s first 13 points of the contest.

The Patriots responded with a 10-4 run, keyed by offensive rebounding. Nikkia Slade closed the burst with four-straight free throws, making it 11-10, Liberty with 14:39 left before halftime. George Mason pulled down a total of nine offensive boards in the first half.

The home team grabbed its first lead of the game, 16-15, when C’Vette Henson nailed a runner at the 11:37 mark.

Neither squad led by more than three points until George Mason’s Henson connected from long distance and Tracy Ann Holness drained back-to-back three-pointers, lifting the home team’s advantage to eight points, 33-25, 3:35 before the intermission. That trio of three-pointers capped an 11-0 surge.

Henson banked in a three-pointer from the wing five seconds before the first-half buzzer sounded, allowing the Patriots to take a 39-29 lead into the locker room. Henson led the home team with 10 first-half points.

The Frazee triplets combined to score all but two of Liberty’s first-half tallies, with Megan leading all scorers with 15 points in the first 20 minutes of play.

George Mason’s lead expanded to 11 points (43-32) on Jessica Smith’s shot from the paint 1:40 into the second half.

Liberty then notched the next six markers, shaving the lead to five (43-38 ) on Megan Frazee’s basket at the 16:00 mark.

The Patriots built the lead back up to eight points before the Lady Flames crafted an 11-2 burst. Liberty took its initial advantage of the second half, 53-52, on a Michelle Parker jumper with 5:20 showing on the clock.

A Megan Frazee perimeter jumper made it 57-54 with 3:02 to play. Lateisha Wade then went two-of-two at the free-throw line to cut the lead to one at the 1:52 mark.

Molly Frazee sank both ends of a one-and-one at 1:40, giving her team a 59-56 advantage. Neither team scored another point until Megan Frazee rebounded a missed three-pointer and made two free throws with 13.3 seconds left, making the final margin of victory 61-56.

The Patriots were held without a field goal for the final 9:20, recording just a quartet of free throws over that stretch.

Megan Frazee led all players with 25 points and 12 rebounds and added a trio of steals. She made all eight of her free-throw attempts on the evening on her way to a second-consecutive double-double. Moriah Frazee chipped in with 15 markers and six caroms. Molly Frazee matched her career high with 10 points.

Wade and Henson paced George Mason’s attack with 10 points apiece. Wade added seven assists and three steals. Moni Akintunde and Jessica Smith grabbed 11 and nine rebounds, respectively, helping the home team claim a 36-34 edge on the glass.

The Lady Flames will now prepare for their third game in six days as they return home to host Columbia Union Thursday evening at 7 p.m.
http://libertyflames.com/index.cfm?PID= ... 1&TeamID=7
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:
Why? They did the scoring tonight but they have many many weapons. In hoops usually 3 people do 75% of the scoring so I don't see a problem with the way we won. A win on the road in division 1 basketball esp being down 10 is big. Congrats to the ladies. Molly played 22 minutes. That may be a career high. This team is certainly balanced enough in my opinion. The other night Rebecca Lightfoot scores double figures off the bench in about 15 minutes of action. Tonight she played 2 minutes. You don't know who you have to stop to beat this team other than Megan Frazee. Fasnacht or Watkins or KP will hurt you on a given night. You can't take the outcome and the score of one game and distribute it to the rest of the season. As SJ said in the football thread, the distributive property doesn't work in sports scores (or something to that affect). Congrats ladies. On a side note, I sat with former Liberty assistant Chris Carroll at the Richmond/East Carolina men's game tonight. Spiders won in OT btw. Chris and the Lady Spiders played UConn pretty well for a good portion of the game last night before losing by 32. He gave me season passes to the games too. I will be watching some A-10 and CAA hoops here in Richmond for sure. Anyone up for a drive out to the State capital just holla at ya boy for tix.
i guess baldy has a valid point. :D
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
His point is pretty much indisputable.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]