The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Chainsaw777
Yes, good question. She plays for one of only two schools (NCS) in the nation that do not compete in the state in which they reside. Northpoint Christian School, a private school, used to be in TN for years then relocated 2 miles south of state border and then petitioned the TSSAA to come back since they played primarily smaller private schools in the Memphis area. School is located in area that is essentially a suburb of Memphis, TN. TSSAA allowed them to return to compete in TN since they were in that league for years prior and service children from TN. I would like to point out in the last two years (record 60-4) they played and beat some of the largest public schools in TN and AR in addition to everyone in their own division. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northpoin ... ian_School
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:You might want to invest in a custom coach's stool, just in case you get the call. :oldhag
You kid......but it's been discussed
Can I be Mrs. Purple's director of operations?

I'm assuming she's going to be the head coach...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Feels like a lifer coach is on the hot seat.
Details?
By R i
Registration Days Posts
It just feels that way to me for 3 reasons.
We have a new AD coming from a top WBB program in the country.
We have seen a decline in performance.
We have seen a decline in recruiting.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:It just feels that way to me for 3 reasons.
Point 1 is without dispute.

Point 2 is accurate as for last year. Otherwise, we have won or been right in the mix for BSC championships.

Point 3 I disagree with. It is true we had a couple of weak classes following the signing of the 3 big girls a few years back, but I think the ship has been righted there. Last year's recruiting class included the FOY and 2-3 other nice players. This year could be better.

There are others who agree with you that the Green era has run it's course and we need a change. Doesn't matter. It will take more than one, or even 2 bad years for Carey Green's seat to get anywhere approaching hot.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:

Point 2 is accurate as for last year. Otherwise, we have won or been right in the mix for BSC championships.

Point 3 I disagree with. It is true we had a couple of weak classes following the signing of the 3 big girls a few years back, but I think the ship has been righted there. Last year's recruiting class included the FOY and 2-3 other nice players. This year could be better.

There are others who agree with you that the Green era has run it's course and we need a change. Doesn't matter. It will take more than one, or even 2 bad years for Carey Green's seat to get anywhere approaching hot.
Your point 2 oldflame could be arguable. While it is true we have won or been in the mix (except last year), we have been far less dominating than in the past. Some would say that the BS level of play has improved among other schools but I'm not convinced of that either, at least not significantly.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
oldflame wrote:

Your point 2 oldflame could be arguable. While it is true we have won or been in the mix (except last year), we have been far less dominating than in the past. Some would say that the BS level of play has improved among other schools but I'm not convinced of that either, at least not significantly.
Those who say the level of WBB in the BSC has improved include a current D1 WBB assistant coach who probably is more qualified to speak on the matter than anyone on this board. I'm not sure we are ever again going to see the level of dominance we had for a long time there, no matter who the coach is.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
From 2004-2013, our final RPI was in the top 100 12 out of 13 seasons with an average RPI of 77.

The last 4 seasons, our final RPI has been in the top 100 once with an average RPI of 141.

We've been on a downward trajectory for several years.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Green is untouchable. Sorry guys.
You're not wrong
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I wish I was wrong.
Ask your wife. I'm sure she will tell you that you are wrong about a host of things
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I think it's possible that the coaching staff will have 1-2 years to more than right the ship but to get back to where they were from 2003-2013 where we were always in the 30-75 RPI range. Coach Green is in his early 60s and I would think the AD is weighing all of this in future planning. The program has stagnated the last few years and with no signs of future domination in sight but mediocrity as the talent level has fallen off and the our style of play has not changed and kept up with the game as it has evolved from 2003. IMHO
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Feels like a lifer is on the hot seat. But we have two people saying that Green will never be fired or dismissed or asked to resign. I have a hard time believing anyone in the athletics department has more pull with the administration than the new AD currently does. So could Ian fire Green , I believe he could.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
More like a "buyout" or a nice retirement package especially if there is a better option available in the very near future. I don't see any of the current assistants as a possible replacement. Don't know much about the new Asst coach to rule her out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:More like a "buyout" or a nice retirement package especially if there is a better option available in the very near future. I don't see any of the current assistants as a possible replacement. Don't know much about the new Asst coach to rule her out.
Alexis is sorta the 'Coach In Waiting' but that was under the old regime. I think he's do a fine job.
But Green isn't going anywhere
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
Chippy wrote:More like a "buyout" or a nice retirement package especially if there is a better option available in the very near future. I don't see any of the current assistants as a possible replacement. Don't know much about the new Asst coach to rule her out.
Alexis is sorta the 'Coach In Waiting' but that was under the old regime. I think he's do a fine job.
But Green isn't going anywhere
You see amyiu and others say that, but I can't take that as a 100% verification. Like someone said above, the new AD can definitely make changes that are not fully expected. I understand Green has done an amazing job in the past 15-20 years with one bad year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he 'resigns' if this unfortunate result (from last season) continues. I will say I believe him bringing in the new coach was a good strategy because I was told she was all in it from day 1.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote:Did the new AD replace the Falwell family? Because that is who supports Green which is why he will never be let go until he decides.
Didn't the Falwell's supported the former AD as well? What is your point? If Green isn't fit for the progression of the women's basketball program in the near future, then he will be let go like Barber. I would think it will be foolish if one only thinks the vision for LU's athletics was only focused on football.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Barber and Green are totally different animals in regards to their relationships with the Falwell family.

I am not asking this to be a jerk but how long have you followed liberty?
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote:Barber and Green are totally different animals in regards to their relationships with the Falwell family.

How do you know for sure of this? Also are implying that the Falwell's are not good separating personal relationship with professional relationship? Thirdly, why does it matter how long I've followed liberty? You don't know 100% that Green is in the clear even if he has a relationship. Are you saying that JLF Jr. would consider a relationship before a possible downfall of a sport's program just because of previous seasons? Sports is a huge part of a higher education institution and it would be foolish to conduct one as such. As I said before, the new assistant coach seems to be a huge addition that can put the lady Flames in a position as they were previously before two seasons ago (since in 2015-2016 the ladies were runner-ups in the tournament).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Barber and Green are totally different animals in regards to their relationships with the Falwell family.

The man speaks truth.
But the reason a new Ast was brought on was because the one who left did so to move with family
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:

The man speaks truth.
But the reason a new Ast was brought on was because the one who left did so to move with family
I know that, but I was saying that because Green and Falwell is close, then he is safe even if the program continues is a downward path. Firstly, that's foolish financially for the school and secondly, anyone can make an unexpected decision on someone that [Falwell] supports. Unless if one actually knows what Falwell is thinking, then the statement to say that Green is definitely safe in his job is not 100%.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]