The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Lady Flames get another win, this time over the Blue Hose in the Vines Center 68-60. Iva Ilic leads the way dropping in 4 3s on the way to 17 points. Keyen Green fouled out but did finish with 13 and 7 boards. Liberty is now tied with Radford for first in the Big South at 3-0
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Which means that Radford beat previously-undefeated Campbell last night, too?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Still a little early to be too optimistic, but it appears that reports of the demise of our WBB program may have been just a bit premature BTW, Presby beat us twice last year by a combined 26 points

I think we all knew that with the huge player turnover and a completely different skill set on the current roster this would be a rebuilding year, but I have to admit I was still somewhat disappointed with the early results As usual, playing in the BSC appears to make winning most of our conference games a lead pipe cinch
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The girls are starting to really gel in this new style of play and it happens that this improved performance is coming as we get into the conference...turnovers are still making you want to pull your hair out (I think 19 last night) but still I'll offer congrats on the win.

That said, it's gonna be an uphill battle to even get above .500 with 15 games to go (would have to go 11-4 for a winning record)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:The girls are starting to really gel in this new style of play and it happens that this improved performance is coming as we get into the conference...turnovers are still making you want to pull your hair out (I think 19 last night) but still I'll offer congrats on the win.

That said, it's gonna be an uphill battle to even get above .500 with 15 games to go (would have to go 11-4 for a winning record)
I like our chances of achieving that We have yet to face the bottom dwellers of the conference I will defer judgement on whether we have a legit shot at winning the tourney til I see how we fare against Radford and\or UNCA and\or Campbell
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:The girls are starting to really gel in this new style of play and it happens that this improved performance is coming as we get into the conference...turnovers are still making you want to pull your hair out (I think 19 last night) but still I'll offer congrats on the win.

I like our chances of achieving that We have yet to face the bottom dwellers of the conference I will defer judgement on whether we have a legit shot at winning the tourney til I see how we fare against Radford and\or UNCA and\or Campbell
Considering we start 4 freshmen and 1 sophomore the team looking much better but can they hold their own against UNCA, Radford and Campbell the top 3 teams. Campbell coach was the coach at Presby for years and has our number. He knows how to win with lesser talent (defense).
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Chippy beat me to it. Campbell has best coach in the league, and he knows how to beat Liberty.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]