The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Lady Flames get not only (I believe) a season high in points, but get the win in their Big South opener 81-72 over the Bucs in the Buc Dome. 4 ladies finish in double figures led by the under-utilized Lela Sellers with 21 points on 6/10 shooting (4/7 from 3). Liberty won its 6th conference opener in the last 7 seasons.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Lady Flames get not only (I believe) a season high in points, but get the win in their Big South opener 81-72 over the Bucs in the Buc Dome. 4 ladies finish in double figures led by the under-utilized Lela Sellers with 21 points on 6/10 shooting (4/7 from 3). Liberty won its 6th conference opener in the last 7 seasons.
Lela Sellers "under-utilized" :dontgetit She has played more minutes than anyone on the team, and it isn't close
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Lady Flames get not only (I believe) a season high in points, but get the win in their Big South opener 81-72 over the Bucs in the Buc Dome. 4 ladies finish in double figures led by the under-utilized Lela Sellers with 21 points on 6/10 shooting (4/7 from 3). Liberty won its 6th conference opener in the last 7 seasons.
Lela Sellers "under-utilized" :dontgetit She has played more minutes than anyone on the team, and it isn't close
He may have been referring to her usage in the game plan not in minutes
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Sellers has up till now the worst shooting percentage of any starter - I would say maybe under-performing versus being underutilized, especially given the minutes she has played. We tied an LU record for 3 pointers in a game shot 50% from the field made 23-27 FTs and only won by 9. If we shot our average we lose by 20 points. Again, 26 TOs would usually do a team in. I don't see them shooting this well consistently. But I hope the first 11 games is not an indicator of how we will shoot from this point on. The good news we won the rebounding battle :D
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:
He may have been referring to her usage in the game plan not in minutes
this. Only player that benefits from his offense is Keyen Green. You would think with the players he ha,s that passing around the perimeter and forcing it in the paint with undersized Bigs won't work
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I haven't seen them play this year so I have no idea what they are doing. I was just trying to offer a possible clarification on BJ's post
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the calrification PH...that was what I was referring to (and the fact that ballah made a point to mention Sellers specifically)
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]