The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I'll be at the game providing score updates.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I'm afraid that's one thing that Beej has me beat on :/
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Tied at 11 with 4:59 left in the 1'st.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Duke leads 24-18 after the 1'st quarter.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Duke leads 48-24 at half.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Duke leads 59-30 with 4:43 left in the 3'rd.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Duke leads 71-36 after 3.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I only caught about 10 mins but from my small observation is that Barbour and Rettstatt aren't d1 players. Lastly Sellers, Reagan and the europeans look like they're going to be very good down the road.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Duke wins 98-38.
By Dalegarz1
Atrocious 2nd half against a Duke team that is down this year. Could be a long year. I hope the younger players are developed and improve as the season moves along.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:Atrocious 2nd half against a Duke team that is down this year. Could be a long year. I hope the younger players are developed and improve as the season moves along.
A down Duke team is still pretty solid. A down LU team has 0 margin for error
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
There is also no depth on this team. The team scored 6 points in 2nd period and 2 in 4th period while the subs played the majority of the minutes. We held our own when the starters were in there the majority of the 1st and 3rd period.For them to be competitive the rotation needs to be just the best 7-8 players. There is a decided drop off after that, evidenced by the uptick in TOs and the decrease in offense. Just my thoughts.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:Atrocious 2nd half against a Duke team that is down this year. Could be a long year. I hope the younger players are developed and improve as the season moves along.
Bear in mind that they are undefeated against the Big South as a whole so Im not really surprised or disappointed in this result...its about what I expected the result would be
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not to that extent but I did not expect it to be a close game given the obvious disparity in talent. Duke has never lost to a Big South team ever...not just us...Radford, High Point, Elon, Birmingham Southern...nobody. Given the turnover that we had as far as players was concerned, I expected that we would lose and lose by a significant margin...maybe not 60 points but certainly 30 plus.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Not to that extent but I did not expect it to be a close game given the obvious disparity in talent. Duke has never lost to a Big South team ever...not just us...Radford, High Point, Elon, Birmingham Southern...nobody. Given the turnover that we had as far as players was concerned, I expected that we would lose and lose by a significant margin...maybe not 60 points but certainly 30 plus.
We lost last year to them by 38 with a very veteran group so I thought we WOULD lose by 40-50 this time around.
By Dalegarz1
Last year Duke was a national power so the comparison is not entirely fair. It appeared that CG was giving many of the players some experience and clearly the stage was too big for several them. This loss, coupled with our football debacle, made the CFAW weekend an athletic downer. At least MBB gives us some hope.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Duke was not a national power last year. They finished the year with an RPI of 47. Not a "national power."
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
For what it's worth, we lost to Seton Hall by 36 which was the worst home loss in WBB Vines Center history. This was 60!! Gonna be a long season. Being picked 4th in the BSC seems generous and probably based on our history more than talent but we'll see. JMU will give us a better idea. I imagine we will lose by 30+ and if not then maybe that first game was an outlier :)
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]