The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

This is interesting, and I suspect may be a sign of a different relationship between LU and the BSC now that their darling beach chickens have flown the coop

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... 35&TeamID=

I'm sure ball coach and some others will disagree, but I actually don't think this is a great choice for the BSC LU will do a great job of hosting, but our location at the far north end of the conference footprint and the cavernous size of the Vines center have been valid reasons for them to pass us over for this in the past Apparently things have changed
olldflame wrote:This is interesting, and I suspect may be a sign of a different relationship between LU and the BSC now that their darling beach chickens have flown the coop

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... 35&TeamID=

I'm sure ball coach and some others will disagree, but I actually don't think this is a great choice for the BSC LU will do a great job of hosting, but our location at the far north end of the conference footprint and the cavernous size of the Vines center have been valid reasons for them to pass us over for this in the past Apparently things have changed
Don't we have a new basketball arena being built? Or has it been delayed. But I do agree with a lot of your points
ballcoach thinks it's a great move on part of BSC. Now they need to move men's basketball, softball and baseball tournaments to LU. (Especially softball)
Granted LU is located in northern part of BSC, but LU facilities are the best in BSC, and Lynchburg has good lodging/eating places within walking distance of campus.
Some venues in BSC have crummy facilities when it comes to D1 NCAA sports.
Ignoring ballcoach's apparent lovefest for our alma mater and belief that they should host everything...I think part of the reason that we have a three year deal is because of the proposed new arena, which will make it look much less cavernous compared to the Vines Center and be good on television.
I don't know the schedule for building the new arena I personally hope they wait another couple of years to see if Ritchie and his troops can get some excitement going and bring the crowds back before they build something as small as the plans call for
ballcoach15 wrote:ballcoach thinks it's a great move on part of BSC. Now they need to move men's basketball, softball and baseball tournaments to LU. (Especially softball)
Granted LU is located in northern part of BSC, but LU facilities are the best in BSC, and Lynchburg has good lodging/eating places within walking distance of campus.
Some venues in BSC have crummy facilities when it comes to D1 NCAA sports.
I totally agree about the baseball and softball facilities The Vines is really not that great, especially for a tournament where any game Liberty is not playing in will draw a small crowd UNCA's arena for example, is VERY nice, much newer, and a more appropriate size The same could be said for Coastal before they left From a location standpoint, Winthrop is perfect, and their coliseum, while a bit dated and also a bit large, is not bad
I do agree that LIB (since there are two LUs in the Big South) would be a fine host for the olympic sports, especially track and baseball/softball. I don't think we should host everything though.
In most sports, the BSC does not draw well for tournaments, even for the home team. At the softball tournament in Rock Hill in May, I believe Liberty and Coastal had more fans there than all other schools combined.
ballcoach15 wrote:In most sports, the BSC does not draw well for tournaments, even for the home team. At the softball tournament in Rock Hill in May, I believe Liberty and Coastal had more fans there than all other schools combined.
Which is exactly why a large venue like the Vines is really not what you want If the new, smaller facility is going to be built soon, that will make this decision a lot better
alabama24 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:I do agree that LIB (since there are two LUs in the Big South)
Ahem. There is only ONE "LU" anywhere. We own the trademark. :wink:
Longwood University says hello Bama...hence the two LUs in the Big South
BJWilliams wrote:
alabama24 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:I do agree that LIB (since there are two LUs in the Big South)
Ahem. There is only ONE "LU" anywhere. We own the trademark. :wink:
Longwood University says hello Bama...hence the two LUs in the Big South
Irony isn't just something they do at the dry cleaners
BJ - Since you apparently didn't catch the reference: Liberty actually now owns the trademark for "LU". It was controversial among some (not me), but Liberty sent out "cease and desist" letters to a number of groups using it. The thought is that if Liberty didn't trademark it, someone else would... and since Liberty beat them to the punch, we need to defend our trademark. So what I said above is true: There is only ONE "LU" in the Big South.
alabama24 wrote:BJ - Since you apparently didn't catch the reference: Liberty actually now owns the trademark for "LU". It was controversial among some (not me), but Liberty sent out "cease and desist" letters to a number of groups using it. The thought is that if Liberty didn't trademark it, someone else would... and since Liberty beat them to the punch, we need to defend our trademark. So what I said above is true: There is only ONE "LU" in the Big South.
Seriously? You know better than this. Now we will be subject to some self justification post stating that he knew but..... And then a stream of consciousness tirade. Lots of asides and punctuation will also be involved.

I hate you in advance just a little bit right now
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:BJ - Since you apparently didn't catch the reference: Liberty actually now owns the trademark for "LU". It was controversial among some (not me), but Liberty sent out "cease and desist" letters to a number of groups using it. The thought is that if Liberty didn't trademark it, someone else would... and since Liberty beat them to the punch, we need to defend our trademark. So what I said above is true: There is only ONE "LU" in the Big South.
Seriously? You know better than this. Now we will be subject to some self justification post stating that he knew but..... And then a stream of consciousness tirade. Lots of asides and punctuation will also be involved.

I hate you in advance just a little bit right now
Thank you for the explanation bama...I stand corrected.
alabama24 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:Yeah, I knew.
Which makes it worse. I am still putting you on the temporary hate list
...and you didn't catch my irony. :lol:
Still hate but the expiration date is approaching
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball