The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Devon Brown was the most over rated player at LU in 20 years. Her next defensive stop will be her first. She had stats but made no one else better and didn't move with out the ball.
Avery was maybe the most UNDERRATED.
Avery really developed in her 5 years at LU for sure. What a great young lady! Devon was all offense but to say she personally didn't stop anyone is a little hyperbole given LU played a soft 2-3 zone for the 4 years she was there. I remember her block at the end of the GW game in the BSC championship game that won the 1 point victory - so there, that's one stop 8) Coach Green is not known for being a defensive wizard - his emphasis is rebounding both offensively and defensively. This year's man to man defense is fairly porous and is not creating any TOs.
When I saw them play with Brown it wasn't in a zone much. Might have helped. She lacked a whole lot of intangibles to go along with her less than enthusiastic work when her team, let alone her, didn't have the ball.
Haven't seen the team this year. I'm sure we will hit a game
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
1-10 heading into Conference play
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We have had a gradual drop off in talent for the past few seasons. Now we are going to have a rough season. I hope I am wrong, but I don't see us winning 5 games.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It's safe to say that this will be the worst record since 95-96
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
This season is a real test of Coach Green's ability to coach (per his own comments earlier in the year) given all the new faces. Hmmm . . . still without a D1 win.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
For a good coach he supposedly is this team shouldnt look this bad. His so called shooters he recruited can't shoot. His offense requires passing the ball around until the shot clock is about to expire. He can't utilize the talent he's suppose to have ala Alexander and now Sellers.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
It isn't for lack of minutes that's for sure. Leads the team in minutes and MPG but only averaging 5.7 PPG (fourth on the team behind Green. Makurat and Johnson-Graham)
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:For a good coach he supposedly is this team shouldnt look this bad. His so called shooters he recruited can't shoot. His offense requires passing the ball around until the shot clock is about to expire. He can't utilize the talent he's suppose to have ala Alexander and now Sellers.
I agree. Doesn't know how to use talent that is in his lap.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Any chance somebody could update both hoops schedule threads?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]