The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
With all the NFL draft discussion and focus on the baseball teams, word on Twitter from our other resident scribe is that Brooke Alexander headed home and transferred to UT-Arlington.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:With all the NFL draft discussion and focus on the baseball teams, word on Twitter from our other resident scribe is that Brooke Alexander headed home and transferred to UT-Arlington.
Not a surprise, especially how she was used in the last couple of games. The most notable is not starting the BSC championship game and going in for one play and the inbounds pass was thrown away and she was to be the recipient and she was immediately yanked out of the game. She played a total of 2 seconds. A good talent with athleticism not used wisely IMHO. The only one on the team that had more assists than TOs.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Another good one gone. Can't say I blame her for finding more playing time at another college. I guess Green wants guards who turn the ball over the most..
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote:Another good one gone. Can't say I blame her for finding more playing time at another college. I guess Green wants guards who turn the ball over the most..
Not sure what that first sentence means. Unless I'm missing something there really is not much of a history of talented players leaving our WBB program. The fact is, how she was utilized last year as a true FR is not really very relevant to next year. With all the graduation losses, she would almost certainly have played a key role. I suspect her decision was more motivated by geography and other non-basketball issues.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
thesportscritic wrote:Another good one gone. Can't say I blame her for finding more playing time at another college. I guess Green wants guards who turn the ball over the most..
Not sure what that first sentence means. Unless I'm missing something there really is not much of a history of talented players leaving our WBB program. The fact is, how she was utilized last year as a true FR is not really very relevant to next year. With all the graduation losses, she would almost certainly have played a key role. I suspect her decision was more motivated by geography and other non-basketball issues.
She can see that too. She may have come in thinking LU was going to play one style but found out LU actually plays an entirely different style. It's a loss that hurts the program a lot based on the reasons you stated for her theoretically getting more PT next year. I'm not sure if it's going to be a rebuilding year so much as a start from scratch year
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Simone Brown was a pretty talented and very athletic G/F who started most of the games her sophomore year - transferred I think to Florida Atlantic for the same reason which was getting very little playing time at the end of the year when we went to a 3 guard lineup. Both Alexander and Brown could create their own shots with pull up jumpers, whereas we have a lot of stand still shooters who when not open can't shoot.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Brooke and Molly were two of my favorite freshmen players. Brooke was a tall guard who could play the point. She will certainly be missed, but sometimes those Texans want to say closer to home.
By flamefan1
Chippy wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:With all the NFL draft discussion and focus on the baseball teams, word on Twitter from our other resident scribe is that Brooke Alexander headed home and transferred to UT-Arlington.
Not a surprise, especially how she was used in the last couple of games. The most notable is not starting the BSC championship game and going in for one play and the inbounds pass was thrown away and she was to be the recipient and she was immediately yanked out of the game. She played a total of 2 seconds. A good talent with athleticism not used wisely IMHO. The only one on the team that had more assists than TOs.

Good point you make about Alexander! She had very few turnovers the entire season, but seemed to lead the team in assists. I also noticed that she was a great outside shooter, but Coach Green seems to like the girls to shoot from the inside. It seems her outside shooting could have been a great asset to the team. She is also a great passer and ball handler. She will be missed. Athletes like this do not come around often. Good luck at UT
By flamefan1
I did notice that Alexander had less turnovers than anyone on the team. She is an excellent ball handler. I am sure other coaches noticed that and would not doubt if they told her so. I can't say I blame her either. But its too bad. Great loss for Liberty U.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Brooke's decision of where to go is certainly georgeaphically motivated. UTA was her #2 behind LU originally.

But, Brooke's decision to leave has nothing at all to do with basketball or geography.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Brooke's decision of where to go is certainly georgeaphically motivated. UTA was her #2 behind LU originally.

But, Brooke's decision to leave has nothing at all to do with basketball or geography.
Hmmmm
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So, the choice of UTA was geography and the decision to leave Liberty was "other non-basketball issues".
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:So, the choice of UTA was geography and the decision to leave Liberty was "other non-basketball issues".
That seems to be what the rumor mill is pushing.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well without knowing what these "non-basketball issues" are, it potentially could fly in the face of the "Carey Green runs off players" rhetoric but I'll wait til we find out more before saying for sure.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Well without knowing what these "non-basketball issues" are, it potentially could fly in the face of the "Carey Green runs off players" rhetoric but I'll wait til we find out more before saying for sure.
Is it possible there has been a player or 2 over the years who have left our WBB because they didn't agree with how Green utilized their talents? Of course. However, apparently Brook is not one of them. Name one coach with a career roster of 100% satisfied players. I would suggest however that on a whole you would be hard pressed to find anyone more respected and loved by the athletes he coaches. There is more to coaching than that however, and the failure to correct certain ongoing defeciencies which have kept our teams from having success beyond the BSC is something that is fair game to question IMHO.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]