The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Ladies are going to have to play better than they have lately to pull out another one especially given the tournament is in Asheville. This is the first season since 1995-96 that Liberty has not had a player make the first team All-Big South squad.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The ladies dominate the boards 55-22 in a 68-53 quarterfinal win over CSU. Kearney with 17 and 14. Radford is next.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I'd have Kearney in the lineup a lot more than she is. She has turned out to be the most productive post and her numbers would be a lot better if she was on the court more. Radford still a challenge given their top 3 guards are all out with injuries.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We are up on Radford 28-11 at the half. Horrible shooting by both teams, but we dominated the boards 30-14.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Kearney and Rininger have as many points as Radford after one half
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We avance to the final with a 51-41 win, despite shooting 27% over all and 19% from 3. Had to be ugly to watch. Well face UNCA in the final. Sounds strange to say it, but I'm glad it's not Presby.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
We needed the 17 point halftime lead as RU totally outplayed and outhustled us in 2nd half. Got it down to 6 points at one time. Outrebounded us in 2nd half 25-14. Again their leading scorer has been out the last month and their starting point guard had played in only a couple games. They have 4 players, 2 starters (one made 1st team all conference even after injury), out with ACLs. They'll be very good next year as will PC, UNCA and Winthrop when their two 1st team all conference players come back from injuries.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Girls didn't go out easy. Ellis going out with injury 3 minutes into the game didn't help. Rebuilding season next year. Asheville will be preseason favorites to repeat with Winthrop a close second.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I guess you two will be the first emails waiting for KB when he gets back to Lynchburg calling for Green's ouster hmm?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
If you want him fired critic that's your prerogative and you're entitled to it. I'm just saying that if that's what you want...come out and say it...own your opinion on the matter
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The announcers said our ladies are going to the NIT.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
I've already stated my thoughts on him in the past thank you. Come back at me with something better than that or freaking read next time :roll:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Agreed it's time for a change. Probably beyond time. It happens.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Need to recruit a couple outside shooters. We rely too much on Post Play. We should own the BSC.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:The announcers said our ladies are going to the NIT.
I know most people get excited about the NCAA tourney but I have no issues with us going to the NIT.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Need to recruit a couple outside shooters. We rely too much on Post Play. We should own the BSC.
Maybe five years ago. We won't win without having a collection of guards who know how to make plays and not commit turnovers. UNCA is a better team than we are; the only time we looked better was the few times that our bigs got the ball and put it on the glass. We did not have an easy time creating those plays and we were outworked for rebounds, as well.
By GoUNCA
Registration Days Posts
Finishing 2nd in the regular season and losing in double OT in the conference tournament championship seems like a silly time to call for a HC ouster.

Good season for your girls and a great championship game. Really fun to watch.

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]