The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Coastal Carolina University
Conway, South Carolina

CCU Hoops Official Site

Jaida Williams
3rd Season as CCU Head Coach

2015-2016 Schedule/Results
  • Overall ....... 8-15
    Big South ... 3-11
    Road .......... 3-7

• 11/13 - Mid-Atlantic Christian .................... W, 105-15
    11/15 - @ Clemson .................................. W, 63-47
    11/18 - @ Saint Francis (PA) ...................... L, 106-74
    11/22 - Allen .......................................... W, 86-45

San Juan Shootout in Puerto Rico
    11/27 - vs. Sacred Heart ........................... L, 71-62
    11/28 - vs. Hofstra ................................... L, 82-40

12/01 - Campbell* .................................... L, 83-70
    12/09 - Warren Wilson ............................. W, 100-49
    12/14 - UNC Asheville* ............................. L, 63-52
    12/18 - Wake Forest ................................. L, 81-52
    12/21 - Wofford ....................................... W, 83-69
    12/29 - @ Radford* .................................. L, 61-45
    01/02 - @ Gardner-Webb* ......................... W, 59-56
    01/04 - Longwood* ................................... L, 56-48
    01/12 - @ High Point* ............................... L, 53-52
    01/16 - @ Charleston Southern* ................. W, 73-62
    01/19 - Liberty* ...................................... L, 65-63
    01/23 - @ Presbyterian* ............................. L, 66-42
    01/30 - @ Campbell* ................................. L, 73-52
    02/01 - Radford* ....................................... L, 49-36
    02/06 - @ UNC Asheville* ........................... L, 77-69
    02/09 - High Point* ................................... W, 79-53
    02/13 - @ Winthrop* .................................. L, 52-43
    02/16 - Charleston Southern* ...................... 7:00 p.m. ET
    02/20 - @ Liberty* .................................... 4:00 p.m. ET

Key Player

#14 Ced Gibson
5' 7" Point Guard (Transfer from St. John's)
In 21 Games: Averaging 10.1 Pts, 2.7 Rebs & 3.5 Assists+ 23-of-72 (31.9%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By Kiwon
Losing 34-16 at home!.......... Turnover city again..... 10 and counting
By Kiwon
Losing 47-39 with 12 minutes to play.

Who will be a heroine tonight?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kiwon wrote:Losing 47-39 with 12 minutes to play.

Drugs are cool 8)
By Kiwon
Purple Haize wrote:
Kiwon wrote:Losing 47-39 with 12 minutes to play.

Drugs are cool 8)
So is education.

CC's first win against Carey Green.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think it may be Big South or else time after this one
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Honestly I don't think coach Green has had to worry about a hot seat because the Big South has been a sure thing. Now with a loss like this, you have to think that the only way there isn't serious talk of a coaching change is by doing the one thing that he's always done
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Honestly I don't think coach Green has had to worry about a hot seat because the Big South has been a sure thing. Now with a loss like this, you have to think that the only way there isn't serious talk of a coaching change is by doing the one thing that he's always done
The only way his seat is remotely warm is if he ate some bad La Carreta before the game. He's at LU as long as he wants
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Honestly I don't think coach Green has had to worry about a hot seat because the Big South has been a sure thing. Now with a loss like this, you have to think that the only way there isn't serious talk of a coaching change is by doing the one thing that he's always done
I misunderstood your post. Yeah I agree he will have to really crap the bed to lose this job.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I really support the team and the coaching staff BUT this was embarrassing to watch. Out-hustled, out quicked, outplayed, out-coached - CCU one of the worst teams in D1 -25 more TOs. We are not a very good team. This team has the distinction of being the one that lost to Coastal in 20 years and the one that has the worst home loss in Vine's history when they lost to Seton Hall earlier.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU had a 45-game winning streak against Coastal--until today. :( I guess the old law of averages finally caught up with us.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:LU had a 45-game winning streak against Coastal--until today. :( I guess the old law of averages finally caught up with us.
That was a long streak. One of those you have to go back and look at to see who was President the last time we lost to Coastal. Really surprised to see it come to end at home to a 8-15 team.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Fan the Flames :)
:flamingdevil :flamingdevil :flamingdevil
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
krh44 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:LU had a 45-game winning streak against Coastal--until today. :( I guess the old law of averages finally caught up with us.
That was a long streak. One of those you have to go back and look at to see who was President the last time we lost to Coastal. Really surprised to see it come to end at home to a 8-15 team.
Especially at home - got behind by 18 at half time :shock:
By PAFlame
Chippy wrote:coaching staff
I like what Sherard does with the post players. Really my question is how much input does Green allow his assistants to give? If it's a bunch, then I wonder if Bloodworth or Hoyt are really offering anything substantial with the guards.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
PAFlame wrote:
I like what Sherard does with the post players. Really my question is how much input does Green allow his assistants to give? If it's a bunch, then I wonder if Bloodworth or Hoyt are really offering anything substantial with the guards.
Look at our 2 point guards and their assist to TO ration - you'll cringe. May be the worst tandem in all of D1 considering as a team we rank 342 out of 344 teams. They're not all to blame, everyone has a hand in the poor ball handling, poor hands, poor decision making and poor execution.
By PAFlame
Chippy wrote:
PAFlame wrote:
Look at our 2 point guards and their assist to TO ration - you'll cringe. May be the worst tandem in all of D1 considering as a team we rank 342 out of 344 teams. They're not all to blame, everyone has a hand in the poor ball handling, poor hands, poor decision making and poor execution.
When I was at LU (never seems to have changed either), I witnessed the worst dribbling and passing I have ever seen in my life, even worse than a lot of high school teams. It just seems that the staff simply doesn't care or cares less that this team is just giving the ball away 30 times a game, which is fine if you can out-athlete the other team, but this team doesn't appear capable of doing that. I jest but the philosophy has been SIZE all this time, and if this staff could play 5 forwards on the floor at the same time, they would.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]