The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
University of North Carolina at Asheville
Asheville, North Carolina

UNCA Hoops Official Site

UNCAfans.com Message Board

Brenda Mock Kirkpatrick
4th Season as UNCA Head Coach

2015-2016 Schedule/Results
  • Overall ....... 19-4
    Big South ... 12-2
    Home ........... 9-1

Nov 13 - @ East Tennessee State .......... 68 - 74(L)
    Nov 17 - @ Wofford ............................ 70 - 63(W)
    Nov 20 - Montreat .............................. 89 - 41(W)
    Nov 24 - @ Western Carolina ............... 67 - 45(W)
    Nov 27 - USC Upstate ......................... 68 - 59(W)
    Nov 30 - @ Presbyterian* .................... 72 - 63(W)
    Dec 05 - Warren Wilson ..................... 108 - 47(W)
    Dec 10 - UNC Greensboro ................... 95 - 52(W)
    Dec 14 - @ Coastal Carolina* ............... 63 - 52(W)
    Dec 18 - Furman ................................ 84 - 71(W)
    Dec 21 - @ Clemson ........................... 49 - 67(L)
    Dec 29 - Winthrop* ............................ 63 - 55(W)
    Jan 02 - @ Campbell* ......................... 72 - 58(W)
    Jan 04 - @ Liberty* ............................ 53 - 71(L)
    Jan 09 - @ Charleston Southern* ......... 58 - 50(W)
    Jan 12 - Longwood* ........................... 81 - 42(W)
    Jan 16 - Gardner-Webb* ..................... 56 - 58(L)
    Jan 23 - @ High Point* ....................... 82 - 81(W)
    Jan 26 - Presbyterian* ....................... 68 - 59(W)
    Jan 30 - @ Radford* .......................... 54 - 46(W)
    Feb 01 - @ Winthrop* ........................ 67 - 59(W)
    Feb 06 - Coastal Carolina* .................. 77 - 69(W)
    Feb 09 - @ Longwood* ....................... 61 - 54(W)
    Feb 13 - Liberty* .............................. 2:00 p.m.

Key Player

#22 Tianna Knuckles
5' 10" Junior Guard
Thru 23 Games: Averaging 13.5 Pts & 3.5 Rebs + 61-of-159 (38.4%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Barring any more dumb losses, my guess is we can virtually lock up the #1 seed with a win today to get the season sweep, am I right Sly?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This game certainly determines who has the inside track. Since we blew them out, they have been on a terror.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Indeed...if we win today the only team that could pip us for the #1 seed would be PC who we play in the finale in Lynchburg.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The only thing that matters is winning the BSC Tournament. Like always
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:This game certainly determines who has the inside track. Since we blew them out, they have been on a terror.
UNCA had a terrible shooting night at the Vines. They took 27 more shots than us because of their offensive rebounding and our TOs. If they shoot their average they can make this a game in their gym. They play very similarly to the UNCA men's team - little height, gang rebounding and full court pressure.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:Too much athleticism for us. They won all the 50-50 balls.

The better team won. It seems we're going in slow motion when playing quicker athletic teams - we will have to beat them there to win the BSC tournament.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
Dalegarz1 wrote:Too much athleticism for us. They won all the 50-50 balls.

The better team won. It seems we're going in slow motion when playing quicker athletic teams - we will have to beat them there to win the BSC tournament.
That's been the case for years
By Dalegarz1
It has been the case for years and although we have been incredibly successful in the BSC, the lack of athleticism has been really exposed in the NCAA tourney.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:It has been the case for years and although we have been incredibly successful in the BSC, the lack of athleticism has been really exposed in the NCAA tourney.
The women's game has evolved over the last dozen years. Teams are generally more athletic and much quicker with pressure defenses. I don't think we have kept pace to be a player on the national scene. Our rebounding dominance has kept us at the top of the BSC for years. We won't have that next year. If we are 342 out of 344 teams in TO margin next year (like we are now) then it could be a long year. Yet we can still win the BSC tournament but will probably be a 15 seed.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
That was exposed in the Sweet 16 run
By GoLiberty
If they would have made all those missed bunny shots they would have won by 5 or more points.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I'm not going to dispute that UNCA had an edge on us in athleticism, but to pin this loss on that pretty much flies in the face of the facts. They only forced 11 TOs, which is WAY under our average. I suspect our shooting 2-18 from 3 might have had more to do with it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I'm not going to dispute that UNCA had an edge on us in athleticism, but to pin this loss on that pretty much flies in the face of the facts. They only forced 11 TOs, which is WAY under our average. I suspect our shooting 2-18 from 3 might have had more to do with it.
That could indicate their athleticism was affecting the 3 point shooting by getting to LU shooters quicker
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:I'm not going to dispute that UNCA had an edge on us in athleticism, but to pin this loss on that pretty much flies in the face of the facts. They only forced 11 TOs, which is WAY under our average. I suspect our shooting 2-18 from 3 might have had more to do with it.
That could indicate their athleticism was affecting the 3 point shooting by getting to LU shooters quicker
I didn't see this game, but in the past our issues with athletic teams have been mostly with turnovers. Because of our size, BSC defenses generally need to pack it in on our bigs, and we get pretty good looks from 3. We don't need to smoke thenets from out there to win, but 11% obviously doesn't cut it.
By PAFlame
Is there an outside concern, besides Brooke Alexander in this class, that recruiting is starting to go downhill? I've wondered if the staff is just misidentifying from scouting, but it seems like they haven't really been able to sign legit DI talents. Just wondering.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
They signed perhaps our top recruit since Megan Frazee during the fall signing period with Sanders.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:They signed perhaps our top recruit since Megan Frazee during the fall signing period with Sanders.
Since Megan our top recruit has probable been Devon Brown, who was a legit talent, and showed it when healthy, but had a career marred by múltiple injuries.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:They signed perhaps our top recruit since Megan Frazee during the fall signing period with Sanders.
I'm going to guess and say you meant Sellers.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Since Megan our top recruit has probable been Devon Brown, who was a legit talent, and showed it when healthy, but had a career marred by múltiple injuries.
Frazee and Brown both averaged @ 19 points a game their freshmen years. We haven't had a talent like that in some time. Kisseleva, Feenstra, Frazee, Brown - we were on a roll at one point. Kisseleva, Frazee and Brown were great rebounders from the 3 position. Haven't had that in a while either.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Brown was over rated.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
With the "Big 3" graduating (or re-graduating in Ashley's case...three degrees in 5 years...my goodness), its really a question of who is going to step up. We will be returning 6-1, 6-2, 6-3 and 6-2 with a 6-2 coming in from Poland and a 6-1 from PA so we will have to make some serious adjustments due to our not having a height advantage
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Brown was over rated.
2nd all-time scorer in LU history and 8th all-time rebounder at 5'10" (in heels). For sure she's overrated.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Brown was over rated.
2nd all-time scorer in LU history and 8th all-time rebounder at 5'10" (in heels). For sure she's overrated.
Stats don't tell a persons story. I can think of 10 players I'd take before her. (Mrs Purple would be 11 but only because if I put her in the 10 I'd be accused of bias)
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]