The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Presbyterian College
Clinton, South Carolina

PC Hoops Official Site

Templeton Center
Opened in 1975 - Seats 2000

Ronny Fisher
8th Season as PC Head Coach

2015-2016 Schedule/Results
  • Nov 13 - @ Virginia Tech .......................... 44 - 58 (L)
    Nov 16 - @ Kennesaw State ...................... 47 - 49 (L)
    Nov 18 - Warren Wilson ........................... 95 - 56 (W)
    Nov 20 - @ East Carolina .......................... 57 - 84 (L)
    Nov 23 - @ Vanderbilt .............................. 38 - 56 (L)
    Nov 25 - Brevard ..................................... 70 - 53 (W)
    Nov 30 - UNC Asheville* ........................... 63 - 72 (L)
    Dec 05 - @ Longwood* ............................. 59 - 38 (W)
    Dec 16 - Columbia College ....................... 104 - 37 (W)
    Dec 19 - @ Colorado ................................ 60 - 72 (L)
    Dec 21 - NC Central ................................. 60 - 50 (W)
    Dec 29 - High Point* ................................ 82 - 70 (W)
    Jan 02 - @ Charleston Southern* ................ 63 - 49 (W)
    Jan 04 - Radford* .................................... 53 - 64 (L)
    Jan 09 - Liberty* ..................................... 2:00 p.m.

Key Player
    #21 Taylor Petty
    5' 9" Freshman Guard
    Averaging 14.8 Pts & 1.4 Rebs + 35.1% on 3-Pt Attempts
By GoLiberty
The team is 4-0 without Ashley. I say "team" because they are playing well as a team. The bigs are playing great. The wings have more consistency, better ball handling and scoring punch with Sanders and Alexander not to mention their size and length on defense. Everybody seems to be contributing more on offense and they're playing better defensively, especially closing out on giving up threes. The biggest negative is to cut down on turnovers. If they can do that they should win the conference with or without Ashley.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I agree that the team appears to be creating a nice flow without trying to force it to Ashley. Obviously we would LOVE to have our best player on the floor. But it is encouraging to see them collectively stepping up together.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
GoLiberty wrote:The team is 4-0 without Ashley. I say "team" because they are playing well as a team. The bigs are playing great. The wings have more consistency, better ball handling and scoring punch with Sanders and Alexander not to mention their size and length on defense. Everybody seems to be contributing more on offense and they're playing better defensively, especially closing out on giving up threes. The biggest negative is to cut down on turnovers. If they can do that they should win the conference with or without Ashley.
I think Alexander needs to start or at least get more minutes. She is the best ball handler on the team. Johnson and Fisher Davis not so much. Her 6 assists and 2 TOs last game is what she can bring to the court especially as teams press us full court. We couldn't even get the ball in bounded several times. She could help with that and also in bounding to Kearney could also give us an option for the inbounds pass. Our point guards are in the negative whn it comes to A/TO ratio. I look at a girl from VA playing for Duquesne at PG and she has 115 assists and 28 TOs. I cringe when I look at Ellis and Leatherwood's stats - I think its a combined 80 TOs. We are fortunate with Ashley's injury as the BSC is pretty weak this year and we should be able to win it all barring a meltdown in the tournament - Radford, GWU and Asheville are the only teams comeptitive right now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
krh44 wrote:Thought I heard the score correctly on the radio but had to double check, PC 60 LU 42,
:jawdropper

7-25 from 3 PT land? I don't know which is more shocking. They shot 25 3's or made only 7
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
krh44 wrote:Thought I heard the score correctly on the radio but had to double check, PC 60 LU 42,

7-25 from 3 PT land? I don't know which is more shocking. They shot 25 3's or made only 7

8-30 on 2 point shots. What's worse is they only forced 5 TOs. Offense and defense pretty poor tonight.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

8-30 on 2 point shots.
For an LUWBB team to take almost 1/2 their shots from 3 pt land is out of character
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:For an LUWBB team to take almost 1/2 their shots from 3 pt land is out of character
That's their strategy to cut down on turnovers - heave it up before they give it away. It worked as they had only 13 for the game.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:For an LUWBB team to take almost 1/2 their shots from 3 pt land is out of character
That's their strategy to cut down on turnovers - heave it up before they give it away. It worked as they had only 13 for the game.
Presbyterian must have chucked it up pretty quickly too since they only had 5 TOs. We really lack any defensive pressure as we are last in steals and forcing TOs in the BSC. So much for having 6'6" and 6'5" post players and a height advantage - took 8 shots combined. Almost a bad a loss as the Seton Hall blowout (at home).
By Kiwon
That's what you call "a whoopin!"

But seeing that it's against Presbyterian, the outcome was predestined. :mrgreen:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ronny Fisher can flat-out COACH! He has several wins and close losses against LU over the years.

I once sat in the guy's film room, and I watched him breakdown BSC teams. He has a simple game plan for every team in the league. He saved LU for last. Suffice it to say, he has it right. I walked out of that room blown away. GREAT guy too!
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Ronny Fisher can flat-out COACH! He has several wins and close losses against LU over the years.

I once sat in the guy's film room, and I watched him breakdown BSC teams. He has a simple game plan for every team in the league. He saved LU for last. Suffice it to say, he has it right. I walked out of that room blown away. GREAT guy too!
He definitely has a defensive scheme and gets the most from the little talent he gets.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Ronny Fisher can flat-out COACH! He has several wins and close losses against LU over the years.

Now, here's the $64,000 question (and I understand fully if you choose not to answer it). Can you say the same thing about Carey Green?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:

Now, here's the $64,000 question (and I understand fully if you choose not to answer it). Can you say the same thing about Carey Green?[/quote

:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Dear @LUADJeff, couple ideas for icebreakers after the season:

"we should start seeing other people"

"its not you, its us"
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:Dear @LUADJeff, couple ideas for icebreakers after the season:

"we should start seeing other people"

"its not you, its us"
Translation: Thank you for 16 Big South Championships (since its apparently assumed that we will not be winning #17 after this loss). Thank you for a run to the Sweet 16 in 2005. Thank you for two players playing in the WNBA and training up many champions both on and off the court...that said...

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
correct

I underestimated your keen sense of the obvious
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I am the resident Captain Obvious after all...

Anyway, its perfectly fine to want that (my previous comments notwithstanding), but if that's what you want, why beat around the bush about it...why don't you simply own it and let that stand on its merits.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Does he have 16 BSC Champishios?
I think he has 15 and Rick Reeves has the other one if memory serves me correctly
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Negatory. The program has 16. He "only" has 13. Reeves won 3 before he arrived.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Negatory. The program has 16. He "only" has 13. Reeves won 3 before he arrived.
Beej was berating someone (fine) using inaccurate information (not fine)
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]