The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not berating actually (btw thank you for the clarification olldflame)...More inquiring why he couldn't just say what he no doubt was thinking in this moment...apologies for being incorrect on the number of championships under his watch. That still is an impressive resume, although if we do not win the conference this year (as Im sure has been assumed by some in light of this loss) that it will not lead to a return for him, despite never having a losing season (or really even coming close to one) in his years at the helm.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Not berating actually (btw thank you for the clarification olldflame)...More inquiring why he couldn't just say what he no doubt was thinking in this moment...apologies for being incorrect on the number of championships under his watch. That still is an impressive resume, although if we do not win the conference this year (as Im sure has been assumed by some in light of this loss) that it will not lead to a return for him, despite never having a losing season (or really even coming close to one) in his years at the helm.
It really boils down to this Beej
Is winning the BSC enough? If it is, then he's coach for life
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
PAmedic wrote:Dear @LUADJeff, couple ideas for icebreakers after the season:

"we should start seeing other people"

"its not you, its us"
Translation: Thank you for 16 Big South Championships (since its apparently assumed that we will not be winning #17 after this loss). Thank you for a run to the Sweet 16 in 2005. Thank you for two players playing in the WNBA and training up many champions both on and off the court...that said...

It's been 10 years and we have not been even close to being relevant on the national stage since 2005. Time to go in a new direction.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im not the one who can answer that question PH and we both know that. Now, in my opinion, I think that he will end up going the way of Coach Summitt and Coach Larry and other longtime bench boss contemporaries, so I guess that would make my answer no

That is your opinion on the matter critic, but really that is not a decision that any of us can make. Im sure ADJB will be evaluating the situation as we finish the season and will have an idea come conference tournament time what the direction of the program will be for 2016-2017 and beyond
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Not berating actually (btw thank you for the clarification olldflame)...More inquiring why he couldn't just say what he no doubt was thinking in this moment...apologies for being incorrect on the number of championships under his watch. That still is an impressive resume, although if we do not win the conference this year (as Im sure has been assumed by some in light of this loss) that it will not lead to a return for him, despite never having a losing season (or really even coming close to one) in his years at the helm.
It really boils down to this Beej
Is winning the BSC enough? If it is, then he's coach for life
Exactly period.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I don't disagree with that critic. Im just saying that its understandable if you feel a certain way about what we should be doing or the amount of success we should be having...it just isn't going to amount to much other than our opinions as fans. You can even write a very clearly and respectfully written note to ADJB to that end. At the end of the matter it'll come down to him and probably JLFJR getting together and deciding what the direction of the program will be and whether he is the one to take us there or not.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
This year we had the worse loss in Vines Center history. We lost our first BSC game by more than 9 points since 2007. It seems the team is constructed and coached to win the BSC. Our style of play with our talent can ultimately beat most if not all BSC teams. The problem is there doesn't seem to be a defensive style that translates beyond the BSC. The game is more fast paced and there are better athletes in women's basketball than ever. Some teams in BSC have athletic women but don't have our height, so they press us and we do our thing. Teams who have a D personna and get athletes seem to do better on the national level. Us forcing 12 TOs ( 5 steals) a game got to be somewhere at the bottom of the NCAA. In the past, our rebounding margin overcame our lack of creating TOs and our own propensity to turn the ball over. We are dead last in both TO categories by a wide margin in a VERY WEAK BSC and this may be the weakest rebounding team in 15 years. Just a few thoughts.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I don't disagree with that critic. Im just saying that its understandable if you feel a certain way about what we should be doing or the amount of success we should be having...it just isn't going to amount to much other than our opinions as fans. You can even write a very clearly and respectfully written note to ADJB to that end. At the end of the matter it'll come down to him and probably JLFJR getting together and deciding what the direction of the program will be and whether he is the one to take us there or not.
BJ this is a fan board. Ergo fans will post. If you disagree with a position you need to do better than defaulting to 'well it's not up to is its up to the AD etc'. We all know that. We don't need to be told that over and over again.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The thing is PH...I don't disagree with it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:The thing is PH...I don't disagree with it.
Disagree with what?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
With critic or media's position. I'm just saying that we can feel however we want to feel and post it on here,but all we can really do is that and maybe not go to games. If JB ever feels a change in direction is needed, he can do something substantial about it
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:With critic or media's position. I'm just saying that we can feel however we want to feel and post it on here,but all we can really do is that and maybe not go to games. If JB ever feels a change in direction is needed, he can do something substantial about it
Your first sentence is what a message board like this is for. The rest is why you are Captain Obvious.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
HAIZE: I need a refill of crazy pills plz

I feel like I'm already taking them
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:HAIZE: I need a refill of crazy pills plz

I feel like I'm already taking them
Crush them up and rub them on your gums. They work faster that way
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
PAmedic wrote:Dear @LUADJeff, couple ideas for icebreakers after the season:

"we should start seeing other people"

"its not you, its us"
Translation: Thank you for 16 Big South Championships (since its apparently assumed that we will not be winning #17 after this loss). Thank you for a run to the Sweet 16 in 2005. Thank you for two players playing in the WNBA and training up many champions both on and off the court...that said...

Here comes our resident apologist to the rescue.

One of the reasons why we won the Big South so many times is because we seemed to be the only program that really cared. That's changing.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The thing is jbock Im not being the LU homer this time. As I said, I don't disagree with the position that they hold...at this point Im more open to the possibility than in years past. I was simply saying (in my Captain Obvious way) that no matter the position that we as fans hold (and share on message boards and what not), they really do not matter THAT much in the grand scheme of things because we can't actually act on them in a meaningful manner.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Any reason you keep repeating your Capt Obvious statements? I don't think there is a Capt More Obviouser to move up to
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Because you seem to still not get my point and haven't grasped that I'm not sucking on the koolaid like before...or at least trying to
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]