The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Shepherd University
Shepherdstown, West Virginia

Shepherd Official Site

Jenna Eckleberry
2nd Season as Shepherd Head Coach

2015-2016 Schedule/Results
  • 11/14 - Virginia Union ............................. L 88-96
    11/15 - Winston-Salem State .................... L 46-68
    11/18 - Chowan ...................................... L 57-72
    11/21 - @ Glenville State ......................... L 82-108
    11/23 - West Virginia Wesleyan ................ W 96-83
    11/25 - Gannon ...................................... W 70-60
    12/03 - @ West Liberty ............................ L 78-97
    12/05 - @Wheeling Jesuit ......................... L 68-73
    12/13 - @ California (PA) ......................... L 59-75
    12/19 - @ Liberty .................................... 12:00 PM

Key Player

#3 Morgan Arden
    5' 5" Sophomore Guard
    Thru 9 Games: Averaging 18.1 Pts, 4.0 Rebs & 4.2 Assists + 16-of-31 (51.6%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Season ticket holders will be treated to a FREE BRUNCH at 10:00 before the game! :clapping
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Season ticket holders will be treated to a FREE BRUNCH at 10:00 before the game! :clapping
I'm sure both of you will enjoy it! :twisted: a
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Lady Flames with a convincing 12-point WIN (69-57) over visiting D2 Shepherd from the eastern panhandle of WV. Catherine Kearney led LU with 20 points, over an undersized Shepherd squad whose tallest player was 5'11". Freshman Molly Reagan also contributed with 9 points. Ashley Rininger was on crutches and DNP.

Season ticket owners enjoyed a FREE brunch of an all-you-can-eat buffet line of bacon, sausage, hash browns, scrambled eggs for breakfast and deli meats for subs, potato salad, cole slaw, and chips, with coffee, juices, and sweet tea to drink (sadly, no nachos were served). Coach Green even stopped by to thank the fans for coming.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Lady Flames with a convincing 12-point WIN (69-57) over visiting D2 Shepherd from the eastern panhandle of WV. Catherine Kearney led LU with 20 points, over an undersized Shepherd squad whose tallest player was 5'11". Freshman Molly Reagan also contributed with 9 points. Ashley Rininger was on crutches and DNP.

Season ticket owners enjoyed a FREE brunch of an all-you-can-eat buffet line of bacon, sausage, hash browns, scrambled eggs for breakfast and deli meats for subs, potato salad, cole slaw, and chips, with coffee, juices, and sweet tea to drink (sadly, no nachos were served). Coach Green even stopped by to thank the fans for coming.
Judging by the final score I think you are still on a bacon high
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The Lady Flames led by as many as 24 in the second half, but Coach Green played a lot of his bench to get them some valuable experience.

And the bacon was AMAZING!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Piling on again are we critic?

While I agree they should have beaten this team by 50, its not like this team was about to spring an upset here. Im just glad the ladies got a win and go into their Christmas break on a positive note. Hopefully Ashley's injury isn't super serious and she can be back for the stretch run.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:The Lady Flames led by as many as 24 in the second half, but Coach Green played a lot of his bench to get them some valuable experience.

And the bacon was AMAZING!
That makes it a little more disconcerting that the Ladies couldn't at least hold the lead. They were probably playing bench v bench

You can't beat good bacon though!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Darn right! I don't get all the hoopla over "applewood smoked bacon" though...I mean gimme a few slices along with some pancakes and some fruit with a glass of orange juice and as long as it isn't rancid or coming off the floor, I'll take it.

As for the game though, its good that we were able to get some of the bench players in on the action today. Conference play has always been our path to the dance, and we are going to need as many girls as possible to be able to contribute over this 18-game swing
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Darn right! I don't get all the hoopla over "applewood smoked bacon" though...I mean gimme a few slices along with some pancakes and some fruit with a glass of orange juice and as long as it isn't rancid or coming off the floor, I'll take it.

As for the game though, its good that we were able to get some of the bench players in on the action today. Conference play has always been our path to the dance, and we are going to need as many girls as possible to be able to contribute over this 18-game swing
Applewood is sort of a staple. There was a special run honey maple bacon that was awesome.

While it's good to get the bench some time it would have been nice if they'd actually produced.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
mmm..honey maple...that would have been something to try. We had pancackes, eggs and Hilshire Farm sausage here this morning (I skipped the eggs though, never liked them for some reason outside of baking)

I agree that having production would have been ideal. Hopefully the ladies enjoy a little family time and then get themselves right for conference play, because as I noted, that is and has been our only path to the dance.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
In the last 6 minutes their D2 players were outplaying our D2 players. Oh wait, we're D1 I forgot there for a moment. We should have beat a 2-7 D2 team by at least 40. Rinninger will be out 4-6 weeks with torn cartilage. Surgery scheduled for the end of the month - hopefully return mid February. Without her we are an average BSC team. Fortunately the conference is down this year and we may at least tread water until she gets back and then run the table in the tournament. We are getting no production from the 2 and 3 positions (Fisher-Davis and Johnson). Sanders has to get more playing time and go with our best 8-9 and up their minutes. The subs really do seem like D2 talent, especially the last 5 off the bench. IMHO.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:In the last 6 minutes their D2 players were outplaying our D2 players. Oh wait, we're D1 I forgot there for a moment. We should have beat a 2-7 D2 team by at least 40. Rinninger will be out 4-6 weeks with torn cartilage. Surgery scheduled for the end of the month - hopefully return mid February. Without her we are an average BSC team. Fortunately the conference is down this year and we may at least tread water until she gets back and then run the table in the tournament. We are getting no production from the 2 and 3 positions (Fisher-Davis and Johnson). Sanders has to get more playing time and go with our best 8-9 and up their minutes. The subs really do seem like D2 talent, especially the last 5 off the bench. IMHO.
I'm not sure how down the BSC is this year. LU already lost to G-W and there doesn't seem to be the margin of error their used to be
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Chippy wrote:In the last 6 minutes their D2 players were outplaying our D2 players. Oh wait, we're D1 I forgot there for a moment. We should have beat a 2-7 D2 team by at least 40. Rinninger will be out 4-6 weeks with torn cartilage. Surgery scheduled for the end of the month - hopefully return mid February. Without her we are an average BSC team. Fortunately the conference is down this year and we may at least tread water until she gets back and then run the table in the tournament. We are getting no production from the 2 and 3 positions (Fisher-Davis and Johnson). Sanders has to get more playing time and go with our best 8-9 and up their minutes. The subs really do seem like D2 talent, especially the last 5 off the bench. IMHO.
I'm not sure how down the BSC is this year. LU already lost to G-W and there doesn't seem to be the margin of error their used to be
Down meaning the perennial powers Winthrop and HPU are not too good. WU is playing without their best player 6'3" Shaquilla Nunn (due to injurty) and HPU graduated 4 starting seniors and their 6th (wo)man transferred. Asheville and GWU are the ones on the rise with Radford being pretty competitive as well. We don't possess the overwhelming talent like we have in past years. No Feenstra, Frazee, Brown, Kisseleva. It is more of a bunch of role players still figuring out their roles. Like I said we may have to tread water in the BSC until Rinninger gets back for the last 2 weeks of the regular season and be ready for the tourney.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]