The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Seton Hall University
South Orange, New Jersey

SHU Hoops Official Site

Anthony Bozzella
SHU Head Coach

2015-2016 Schedule/Results
  • Nov. 13 - Bryant ..................................... W 93-57
    Nov. 16 - Rutgers .................................... W 77-49
    Nov. 19 - Princeton .................................. W 71-64
    Nov. 21 - @ Saint Joseph's ........................ W 66-54
    Nov. 24 - @ UT-Arlington .......................... W 61-54

2015 Cancun Challenge in Mexico
    Nov. 26 - vs. North Carolina State .............. W 58-55
    Nov. 27 - vs. Northern Iowa ...................... W 57-49

Dec. 06 - @ Georgia ................................. L 70-52
    Dec. 09 - Fordham .................................... 7:00 p.m. ET
    Dec. 12 - @ Liberty ................................... 5:00 p.m. ET

Key Player
    #1 Tabatha Richardson-Smith
    6' 0" Senior Guard
    Thru 8 Games: Averaging 17.5 Pts, 6.6 Rebs & 1.1 Assists + 22-of-62 (35.5%) on 3-Pt Attempts
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
This is a chance at a win over a Big East team. Go Lady Flames!!!
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Said it before years ago and it still rings true. If all you care about is winning the Big South, Green is the guy. If we ever want to be competitive nationally again, it's time to look elsewhere.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Record breaking home loss is hard to swallow. It seemed the game was being coached as an exhibition game. No timeouts, no match-up substitutions, no change in strategy, at least that could be observed by the lay fan, no attempt to stem the runs, etc. 6'6", 6'5" and 6'4" and no blocks and out-rebounded by a substantial margin. I won't mention the turnovers. Hopefully when the conference games start we can limit the rotation to the best 8-9 players.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
12% in the 2nd half
Out rebounded by 10
2x's as manny TO's as Ast

I can understand it not being a Conference game so maybe approach it differently. But these are the games that would really help seeding or making a case for an 'At-Large'. As it is the BSC winner will be a 15/16 seed
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:Said it before years ago and it still rings true. If all you care about is winning the Big South, Green is the guy. If we ever want to be competitive nationally again, it's time to look elsewhere.
Yes!!!!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:Said it before years ago and it still rings true. If all you care about is winning the Big South, Green is the guy. If we ever want to be competitive nationally again, it's time to look elsewhere.
I've been saying it for years as well.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
^^^ agree with everyone but whenever I question head coaches I see pitchforks and torches outside my window

see: Softball (Wetmore) and Futbol (Alder*)

*PERSONAL LIFE STRESSORS TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The way I see it, coach Green is one of three coaches (well four) who likely can set their own end date...the others being the aforementioned coach Alder, coach Tolsma and coach Pinder.

I think at this point the only way JB fires him is if the team goes completely in the tank. That may not sit well with some, but that's my view on it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I don't think that's the discussion
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jbock is the one who suggested coach Green be fired/not renewed. I was responding to him (and sportscritic's enthusiastic agreement)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Oops
Last edited by Purple Haize on December 13th, 2015, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Jbock is the one who suggested coach Green be fired/not renewed. I was responding to him (and sportscritic's enthusiastic agreement)
Where did JB suggest that? He was just making an observation
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Translation: coach Green is holding us back...he should be fired
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Your translation is, in fact, not an accurate translation at all. Jbock was making an observation. In no way to me does his statement of observation serve as a plea for termination.

But I can tell you that your list of those with lifetime job security is much shorter than the four you mentioned. Every sport is fully funded in terms of staff and scholarships, and each has the highest operating budget for its sport relative to the rest of the conference. That kind of investment demands results. In the form of wins and relevance beyond the BSC.

That is the standard. But all of these things, including finding the right person to lead them, take time.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
Translation: coach Green is holding us back...he should be fired
:dontgetit
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Honestly it's more fun to see what everybody thinks I meant :)

Color me surprised that BJ is defending the status quo (sarcasm)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Your sarcasm is duly noted jbock...

I'm just saying that if you don't like the guy and want him out why don't you just go on record and say that? Coach Green has done a lot of good on the court..and that shouldn't be forgotten. Yes we only have the two ncaa wins in 2005, and yes we don't roll through the Big South like we used to...but I'm simply saying that he is one of those coaches who will likely retire instead of be fired because of his longevity and overall success
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]