The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We are trailing the 11th ranked team in the country 29-28 with 5 minutes to play in the first half-
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Halftime score Ohio State 44 Lady Flames 36- Rininger with 12. We shot 57% and outrebounded them by 6, but OSU has 23 of their points off our 15 first half turnovers. Some things never change it seems.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU leading 61-60 with 7 minutes and change left in the second half. Play Basketball
By PAFlame
Audrey Rettstatt (to name a few) should not be allowed to handle the ball ever again. This is a winnable game if the turnovers are cut by 15.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
PAFlame wrote:Audrey Rettstatt (to name a few) should not be allowed to handle the ball ever again. This is a winnable game if the turnovers are cut by 15.
The team fought hard as usual but like the boys earlier in the day faltered at the end. We were very fortunate last year to have Emily Frazier and Karly Buer to go along with Sadalia Ellis - all 3 could play PG. Last year may have been the best LU has done in a long time in limiting TOs. We really lack reliable ball handlers this year. Teams are really capitalizing on this with full court and half court pressure. When Ellis goes out . . . . :( Another problem is we're not creating any TOs on D as we do not play "new and improved" McKay style D - we are unable to stop dribble penetration and do a poor job of rotating or double team or to help out. With our height we should be blocking 10 shots a game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The Ladies have never counted on creating turnovers to win games
It's been awhile since they have had a top flight point guard
By PAFlame
Chippy wrote:
PAFlame wrote:Audrey Rettstatt (to name a few) should not be allowed to handle the ball ever again. This is a winnable game if the turnovers are cut by 15.
The team fought hard as usual but like the boys earlier in the day faltered at the end. We were very fortunate last year to have Emily Frazier and Karly Buer to go along with Sadalia Ellis - all 3 could play PG. Last year may have been the best LU has done in a long time in limiting TOs. We really lack reliable ball handlers this year. Teams are really capitalizing on this with full court and half court pressure. When Ellis goes out . . . . :( Another problem is we're not creating any TOs on D as we do not play "new and improved" McKay style D - we are unable to stop dribble penetration and do a poor job of rotating or double team or to help out. With our height we should be blocking 10 shots a game.
I agree on all counts, my junior year was the last time in person I saw this team and saw how phenomenal they were, and ashamed I couldn't see last year's team in person. This year's team is something truly special sans the lack of a 3 point game, ball-handling, and the perimeter defense. The third of those three is quite shocking, but I guess that is inevitable with zone defense on some occasions, but you certainly can expand the zone. Something I'm surprised this team hasn't done is play Rininger (INCREDIBLE ball handling skills) at the 3 for spurts at a time, playing Adams at the 4, and (crosses fingers) a finally fully healthy Kearney at the 5.
By GoLiberty
Hey--that's pretty impressive down by 2 with 3:27 left in the game to 1th1 Ranked Ohio State. If you told me they would have 29 turnovers-I'd say they would have lost by 40. This is a maturing team finding the right chemistry. Much better energy! Just need to cut down on the unforced turnovers and forced turnovers. lol
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It's a fallacy that you can't have perimeter pressure in a zone defense
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:It's a fallacy that you can't have perimeter pressure in a zone defense
+1
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]