The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Lady Flames tip off tomorrow in Boone. We have never beaten App State, but we also haven't played them in almost 30 years.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
And it's an 11:30 a.m. game! :fineprint
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Probably a field trip game so expect a very loud crowd tomorrow morning
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
In the second half, we are currently up 33-22 with 5:42 left to play.

We've had 4 TOs, and are currently being outrebounded.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
The difference in this game is we are 4/7 from 3-point range (as opposed to 2/8 for App State) and they are 10/15 from the FT line and we're currently 1/4.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:In the second half, we are currently up 33-22 with 5:42 left to play.

I think that was the second quarter.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:74-68 Lady Flames. Good start to the season.
Definitely take the win. ASU picked 8th in their conference and considering they were outplayed by Lenoir-Rhyne in their ex. game (yet won 51-45) I gotta think coach is not too pleased, especially with the D effort. Had L-R made their free throws they would have won. We'll have a better picture of the team moving forward after the Monday Elon game, who beat us at all phases of the game last year.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
ATrain wrote:In the second half, we are currently up 33-22 with 5:42 left to play.

I think that was the second quarter.
That's right. I forgot they made the switch this year.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Always nice to start the season with a victory on the road.
Official Site wrote:Rininger, Ellis Help Lady Flames Win Opener
November 13, 2015| Boone, N.C.| Box Score

Ashley Rininger paced Liberty to a season-opening win at Appalachian State with 23 points and 11 rebounds.
A double-double by Ashley Rininger and an outstanding all-around effort by Sadalia Ellis helped Liberty post a 74-68 season-opening win at Appalachian State, Friday morning at the Holmes Center.

Rininger paced all players in both points (23) and rebounds (11) while Ellis added 16 points, seven assists, a career-high six rebounds and four steals for the Lady Flames, who won their first season opener since 2011-12. Liberty took the lead for good during a 16-1 spurt that spanned the first and second quarters, improving to 1-0 with its first-ever win over the Mountaineers.
Click Here for Full Story
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
flamehunter wrote:74-68 Lady Flames. Good start to the season.
Definitely take the win. ASU picked 8th in their conference and considering they were outplayed by Lenoir-Rhyne in their ex. game (yet won 51-45) I gotta think coach is not too pleased, especially with the D effort. Had L-R made their free throws they would have won. We'll have a better picture of the team moving forward after the Monday Elon game, who beat us at all phases of the game last year.
Elon beat L-R by 39 points!!
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]