The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
OVERALL: 0-0
BIG SOUTH: 0-0

Nov 13, 2015 11:30 AM vs. Appalachian State, Boone, N.C.
Nov 16, 2015 7:00 PM Elon, Lynchburg, Va.
Nov 19, 2015 7:00 PM NC State, Lynchburg, Va.
Nov 23, 2015 7:00 PM vs. James Madison, Harrisonburg, Va.

South Point Thanksgiving Shootout
Nov 27, 2015 5:15 PM vs. Ohio State, Las Vegas, Nev.
Nov 28, 2015 5:15 PM vs. California, Las Vegas, Nev.

Dec 2, 2015 7:00 PM vs. Gardner-Webb*, Boiling Springs, N.C.
Dec 5, 2015 TBA Charleston Southern*, Lynchburg, Va.
Dec 12, 2015 5:00 PM Seton Hall, Lynchburg, Va.
Dec 17, 2015 7:00 PM vs. Duke, Durham, N.C.
Dec 19, 2015 12:00 PM Shepherd, Lynchburg, Va.
Dec 29, 2015 TBA vs. Campbell*, Buies Creek, N.C.

Jan 2, 2016 TBA vs. Radford*, Radford, Va.
Jan 4, 2016 7:00 PM UNC Asheville*, Lynchburg, Va.
Jan 7, 2016 TBA vs. Presbyterian*, Clinton, S.C.
Jan 12, 2016 TBA Winthrop*, Lynchburg, Va.
Jan 16, 2016 TBA vs. Coastal Carolina*, Conway, S.C.
Jan 19, 2016 TBA vs. Longwood*, Farmville, Va.
Jan 23, 2016 TBA Gardner-Webb*, Lynchburg, Va.
Jan 26, 2016 7:00 PM High Point*, Lynchburg, Va.
Jan 30, 2016 2:00 PM vs. Charleston Southern*, Charleston, S.C.

Feb 1, 2016 7:00 PM Radford*, Lynchburg, Va.
Feb 4, 2016 TBA Campbell*, Lynchburg, Va.
Feb 6, 2016 2:00 PM vs. UNC Asheville*, Asheville, N.C.
Feb 13, 2016 2:00 PM Coastal Carolina*, Lynchburg, Va.
Feb 16, 2016 TBA vs. High Point*, High Point, N.C.
Feb 20, 2016 TBA Longwood*, Lynchburg, Va.
Feb 23, 2016 TBA vs. Winthrop*, Rock Hill, S.C.
Feb 27, 2016 2:00 PM Presbyterian*. Lynchburg, Va.

Mar 1, 2016 2/4:30/7 PM vs. Big South Women's Basketball Championship, Conway, S.C. 1st Rd
Mar 2, 2016 12/2/6/8 PM vs. Big South Women's Basketball Championship, Conway, S.C. Quarters
Mar 3, 2016 7:00/9:00 PM vs. Big South Women's Basketball Championship, Conway, S.C. Semis
Mar 5, 2016 5:00 PM vs. Big South Women's Basketball Championship, Conway, S.C. Champ

Mar 18, 2016 TBA vs. NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Championship First Round
Mar 19, 2016 TBA vs. NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Championship First Round
Mar 20, 2016 TBA vs. NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Championship Second Round
Mar 21, 2016 TBA vs. NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Championship Second Round

* - Denotes Big South Conference Game
All times are Eastern Standard Time and are subject to change
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I guess this one wasn't good enough for the texan
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Looks like Carey expects to be good this year. You can pretty much tell how he feels about his squad by the schedule, and I think this one is as tough as I have seen him tackle.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Got to get out of those bottom four seeds if you want to advance in the NCAAs. Win a few against this schedule and roll through the Big South, and that'll happen.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Its possible to win as a 13 seed (see: LU in 2005) and also possible to get a 12 seed and get matched up against an underrated 5 (see: LU v. ODU in 2008). Actually, I think our best results in the NCAA (wins and closest losses) have come as a 13 seed.

That said, hopefully a few OOC wins here and rolling through the Big South will get us to a 12 or 11.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Replacing Frazier, Buer, Gardner and Simone Brown (4 of the top 7 players) and having a reliable backup for Sadalia Ellis will be a huge for this team to match last year's success.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Replacing Frazier, Buer, Gardner and Simone Brown (4 of the top 7 players) and having a reliable backup for Sadalia Ellis will be a huge for this team to match last year's success.
I think we will be fine. Mikai Johnson, a transfer who was a starter at Rider, and Brooke Alexander, who may be the best Freshman guard we have had in a long time should take up the slack in the back court along with Sadalia. The strength of the team of course will be those 3 big girls, who are all 5th year Seniors athletically and grad students. BTW, does anyone know if Ashley Riniger is planning to work toward her Doctorate this year? She already has her Masters.

Found the answer in her profile on the online roster. She will be working on a second Master´s degree, this time in Criminal Justice after completing her Master´s in Human Service Counseling last year. Can´t believe she isn´t going for the PHD. Slacker. :wink:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:Got to get out of those bottom four seeds if you want to advance in the NCAAs. Win a few against this schedule and roll through the Big South, and that'll happen.

This is why you are the Wise Scribe you are
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Every single team on the OOC schedule - save Shepherd - is from a conference better than the Big South. It's an impressive schedule, to say the least.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Every single team on the OOC schedule - save Shepherd - is from a conference better than the Big South. It's an impressive schedule, to say the least.
True but not a very high bar.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ha, fair enough.

I bet the other Big South schedules are a joke by comparison. Heck, I heard Campbell is playing some rinky-dink Catholic school from Maryland.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Ha, fair enough.

I bet the other Big South schedules are a joke by comparison. Heck, I heard Campbell is playing some rinky-dink Catholic school from Maryland.
Yeah Mayland Catholic schools still have their girls play in culots don't they?
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
JK37 wrote:Ha, fair enough.

Yeah Mayland Catholic schools still have their girls play in culots don't they?
There's only one that I can think of that would fit that description and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they had a rule like that.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
JakeP50 wrote:There's only one that I can think of that would fit that description and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they had a rule like that.
There's more than 1 Catholic college/university in Maryland.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
JakeP50 wrote:There's only one that I can think of that would fit that description and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they had a rule like that.
There's more than 1 Catholic college/university in Maryland.
I know there's more than 1 but I could only think of one that fit the description of "rinky-dink". The others that I know of that actually have competitive athletics are DI and would be a pretty good OOC game for anyone else, besides us, in the Big South.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FYI Jake50, there is some inside humor going on here you apparently aren´t aware of. JK37 is an assistant WBB coach at a Catholic university in Maryland. They are a mid-major D1 program, and the rinky-dink thing was a little self-depricating humor.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:FYI Jake50, there is some inside humor going on here you apparently aren´t aware of. JK37 is an assistant WBB coach at a Catholic university in Maryland. They are a mid-major D1 program, and the rinky-dink thing was a little self-depricating humor.
I thought he was bragging when he said Rinky Dink.. Play Basketball
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
How's the ceiling looking, Coach? You done staring at it yet?

Sheesh, Olldflame is a stalker. He outed me!!

Remember when everyone was so secretive about true identities here? I remember a huge blowup about some people being able to identify posters on the basis of IP Addresses. Seems like forever ago, but WOW did that create a mess for awhile. That must've been close to ten years ago.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]