The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Since the Women's program is the seen as the "stepchild" of the major sports on this message board I thought I would lift up Ashley Rinninger who was named Capital One 1st team Academic All-American, BSC Scholar Athlete of the year for the 2nd straight year and 1st team All Conference. Karly Beuer was named to the 2nd team All Conference.

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 31&TeamID=
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Congrats for sure...personally I think she beat Robertson straight up in both meetings so I would have voted her PotY. She really blossomed the last few seasons and has added her name to the list of all time bigs for the Lady Flames along with Kisseleva, Feensta and Warley (and any others from before my time)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
She is getting her Masters this May and still has a year of eligibility. Could this be the first Doctoral student to play for LU............. or anywhere for that matter?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Wouldn't put it past her. Its amazing that she getting two degrees in the amount of time it takes some of us to get 1 at the same school...while still dominating on the basketball court.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Wouldn't put it past her. Its amazing that she getting two degrees in the amount of time it takes some of us to get 1 at the same school...while still dominating on the basketball court.
But not everyone is on the BJ Williams plan, either dude!

"Lots of people take 8 years to finish college."
"Yeah, they're called doctors."
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Ha ha...she got two degrees in the same time it took you, Jon, JDUB, Sly, Cider, and pretty much everyone on this board (yes including me) is my point
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Ha ha...she got two degrees in the same time it took you, Jon, JDUB, Sly, Cider, and pretty much everyone on this board (yes including me) is my point
Wow... Imagine what she might do in my BS timespan: Began Fall 85, finished Dec 99.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ashley did redshirt as a Freshman, but her achievement is still impressive. I really would be curious to know just how rare a doctoral student playing a D1 sport is historically. I've never heard of one. She does have the option of taking more Masters level graduate courses next year, but based on her track record I'm going to guess she goes for the PHD.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Congrats for sure...personally I think she beat Robertson straight up in both meetings so I would have voted her PotY. She really blossomed the last few seasons and has added her name to the list of all time bigs for the Lady Flames along with Kisseleva, Feensta and Warley (and any others from before my time)
You are correct that in the 2 games so far against HP, Ashley outperformed Robertson in all categories. 30-18 in points, 26-19 in rebounds, and even 6-5 in blocks; all that in 25 mpg as opposed to Robertsons 35. Robertsons numbers overall and in BSC play are a bit better (that is until you allow for the difference in minutes played.) It's really tough for a star player to put up big numbers with Green substituting the way he does. Even Katie did not have the stats her size and ability would indicate she should because she spent almost half of every game on the bench.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Now playing professionally Down Under ....
Bendigo Advertiser wrote:A Brave new world for former Liberty University star Ashley Rininger

KIERAN ILES
4 Apr 2017, 4:04 p.m.

NEW HOME: Former Liberty University standout Ashley Rininger has joined the Bendigo Lady Braves. Picture: KIERAN ILES

A BENDIGO Lady Braves sometimes branded as undersized is set to become a whole lot bigger.

The Lady Braves have signed 195cm forward-centre Ashley Rininger from the Virginia-based Liberty University.

Rininger touched down in Bendigo on Tuesday afternoon and will suit up for the first time in Friday night's SEABL away clash against the Sandringham Sabres.

She will eventually team, with the Lady Braves other import Chante Black, who is due to be in Bendigo in early May.

Rininger, who graduated from Liberty last year after five season's in the college's program, spent the last 12 months taking a break from basketball.
Click Here for Full Story
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]