The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Id say because the gap has been closing the last few years despite our historic run under Coach Green. anyway, Ashley Rininger preseason 1st team
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I thought we be picked 3rd. HPU has their whole team back and get their point guard, who missed all of last year, back from injury, not to mention POY in Keys and a 1st team pick in Robertson. Winthrop also has two all conference players and will get one of their former starters back from injury as well. Lastly HPU and Wintrop finished ahead of us last year when we were picked first in preseason.

Hoping the maturity and an "improved" Katelyn Adams will get us back to the top. We will need someone to score at the shooting guard position and both decrease offensive TOs and create more defensive TOs as we were last in steals in BSC last year. We lacked quickness and aggressiveness which HPU and Winthrop possess.

Also, we will hear more from Coastal this year as they bring in some really talented transfers and Freshmen.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Coastal's schedule has 4 Non-DI's on it...I fully expect them to be typical Coastal Women's BBall: feast on weaklings in the non-conference portion and then find out how good they're not when they play the top teams in the conference. I honestly would not be shocked if they went through the non-conference portion of their schedule unscathed. Also, on the Coastal board, apparently there is drama surrounding their head coach.

Winthrop has one Non-DI on their schedule against Gallaudet, a school for the deaf. Otherwise they face Tennesee, Auburn, Ohio State and some stronger mid-majors such as Davidson and Witchita State.

High Point has one Non-DI against Brevard, and the only P5 for they'll face this year is Nebraska.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Coastal's schedule has 4 Non-DI's on it...I fully expect them to be typical Coastal Women's BBall: feast on weaklings in the non-conference portion and then find out how good they're not when they play the top teams in the conference. I honestly would not be shocked if they went through the non-conference portion of their schedule unscathed. Also, on the Coastal board, apparently there is drama surrounding their head coach.

Winthrop has one Non-DI on their schedule against Gallaudet, a school for the deaf. Otherwise they face Tennesee, Auburn, Ohio State and some stronger mid-majors such as Davidson and Witchita State.

High Point has one Non-DI against Brevard, and the only P5 for they'll face this year is Nebraska.
Because she was suspended or because she's......how to put this tactfully......ummm.....crazy?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ATrain wrote:Coastal's schedule has 4 Non-DI's on it...I fully expect them to be typical Coastal Women's BBall: feast on weaklings in the non-conference portion and then find out how good they're not when they play the top teams in the conference. I honestly would not be shocked if they went through the non-conference portion of their schedule unscathed. Also, on the Coastal board, apparently there is drama surrounding their head coach.

Because she was suspended or because she's......how to put this tactfully......ummm.....crazy?
I think mentally impaired is the PC way...Cuckoo for Coco Puffs is the EMS way.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
To put it simply...as far as women's basketball goes, Coastal has been our b****. we have beaten them close, we have beaten them big...we've beaten them at our best and at our worst when they've been at their best. I dont think this year will change anything about that all that much.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:To put it simply...as far as women's basketball goes, Coastal has been our b****. we have beaten them close, we have beaten them big...we've beaten them at our best and at our worst when they've been at their best. I dont think this year will change anything about that all that much.
It's hard to say, given they have 8 transfers this year, where they will finish. They will be more talented than last year. I'm hearing coaching may play into their performance!?

It's safe to say we will be in the mix for a championship with HPU and Winthrop. HPU will be the team to beat. Winthrop losing McClanahan will be competitive but less so without her. Just hope we can win some of those OT games or better yet not have to go to OT.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Im not questioning their talent level...I'm just saying that we are probably still going to beat them when we meet on the court.

We have to. We've won 3,000 games in a row from them - why stop now? :D
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
CCU is a dumpster fire right now. Should've hired their first choice, but the admins bungled the hiring and settled for Williams.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:CCU is a dumpster fire right now. Should've hired their first choice, but the admins bungled the hiring and settled for Williams.
They should have hired the other candidate when they offered the job to LeForce,......
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
JK37 wrote:CCU is a dumpster fire right now. Should've hired their first choice, but the admins bungled the hiring and settled for Williams.
They should have hired the other candidate when they offered the job to LeForce,......
No doubt...

And to try and get back on topic, Longwood looks like it has the second most challenging schedule after us...UVA, VT, Clemson, Wake Forest, Richmond and no sub-D-Is.

Radford has 1 non-D-I on their schedule in WV State, but otherwise looks solid with games against Pitt, UVA and VT.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Radford coaching staff is very solid. On their way to getting these turned into the right direction, I believe.

Meanwhile, Coastal and Chuck South coaches must be feeling VERY warm on their seats.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]