The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I still hate highlight videos. But here is what I see
She loves the pull up J. Lost art but very effective
Fairly quick release which she will need. Not sold on her release point but not sure it's too bad
I only watched a couple of minutes but don't recall her going left. Add that to her high dribble it could be a big issue.
Not very strong, she needs to be able to defend too.

Can she play here? Yes. But, and this is the question I have of every recruit, can she help us beat the OOC teams we need to beat to move the program forward?
By GoLiberty
Brooke has offers from Arizona and 19 other schools. Texas A&M is recruiting her along with PAC12,SEC, BIG10 and BIG12 schools. I'm from Texas so I know a lot about this kid. She has great handles and is one of the top passers in the country. I hear she really likes Liberty. That would be a huge pickup for Liberty.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Her release point is similar to that of another former Texan Lady Flame, Rachel Mason (McLeod). I do agree PH that she needs to work on going left off the dribble drive. Division I defenses probably would bring in backside help off defender's left shoulder to counteract that
I didn't dig that deep and I am down in Houston far from the DFW hoops scene. I can tell you that she is a key player on her school's state championship run for large private schools last year. Prestonwood is Jack Graham's church my church does quite a bit of things with them. But I don't follow TAPPS hoops very closely.
Sly Fox wrote:I didn't dig that deep and I am down in Houston far from the DFW hoops scene. I can tell you that she is a key player on her school's state championship run for large private schools last year. Prestonwood is Jack Graham's church my church does quite a bit of things with them. But I don't follow TAPPS hoops very closely.
Slacker

All I can see is that people are 'looking' at her but no offers. She's an intriguing player
I'll take her. She has a classic pull up jumper. We haven't had that since Devon Brown. She also passes like Devon with great court awareness and at 6' she'd be a great 2 guard. All state academic - a typical overacheiver. Give me 10 of those and I'll take my chances against just about anyone. Play Basketball
Chippy wrote:I'll take her. She has a classic pull up jumper. We haven't had that since Devon Brown. She also passes like Devon with great court awareness and at 6' she'd be a great 2 guard. All state academic - a typical overacheiver. Give me 10 of those and I'll take my chances against just about anyone. Play Basketball
I hope she's not another Devon Brown. If so, you can have her. She seems to have good energy and as stated earlier I LOVE that pull up J
I saw her play several games including playoff games and she is a very dynamic player who also is a very emotional player. She makes her whole team play better. IQ is off the charts--knows what to do on the court with the ball. I heard she has it narrowed down to 4 schools.
Looks like a great get. Great mobility and aggressiveness. She looks great at the point of the 1-2-1-1 full court press - quick feet and quick hands getting a lot of deflections and steals. Offensively a quick release and no hesitation on shooting or passing - seems like she has great BB IQ.
We already have a major pipeline of Texan talent coming into our program. This year we only have two Houston area players and none from DFW now that Reagan Miller is gone. This may be the fewest Texans on the roster in a decade.
GoLiberty wrote:Found a video with Brooke's select team this summer--United Elite. The big girl is Erin Degrate who committed to Louisville recently.

[youtube]
[/youtube]
Still hate highlight videos

Love her wing span!

Looked like a higher release point on shot at times

The opposing team in Black and Gold plays horrible defense
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]