The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

Playing a more deliberate style like coach Green does will test her on-court patience. in HS she could probably charge the basket and maybe get a call, but more likely to happen at the D1 level is the defense collapsing and forcing an unnecessary turnover (which has caused many a bald spot among Flames Nation over the years)
Chippy wrote:Flames Nation lists her at 6'1" and 2/3? or is she 6'1" and a 2/3 guard?
Just to clarify, FlamesNation didn't list her as anything. We just embedded a tweet from @ASGR1995 who stated she had committed to LU. The tweet was "Brooke Alexander 6-1 2/3 2015 Prestonwood Christian Academy Frisco TX has given a verbal pledge to HC Carey Green Liberty University."

As seen in our Monday Links & Tweets post - http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/mond ... ts-102014/
BJWilliams wrote:Playing a more deliberate style like coach Green does will test her on-court patience. in HS she could probably charge the basket and maybe get a call, but more likely to happen at the D1 level is the defense collapsing and forcing an unnecessary turnover (which has caused many a bald spot among Flames Nation over the years)
Our deliberate style is to take advantage of our height and a general lack of team speed (that the elite programs have) but it does lead to a lot of unnecessary TOs. Our lack of quick, talented guard play also leads to a lot of unforced errors. It seems we are getting quicker and more athletic guards. Hopefully, we can pick up our defensive and offensive pace and play 1 big surrounded by athletic players versus the 2 bigs we play with now. Brooke would fit in this scenario quite well whether she's 6'0", 6'1" or 6'1 2/3" Play Basketball
Plano (TX) Star Courier wrote:Prestonwood combo guard Brooke Alexander commits to Liberty

Brooke Alexander, Prestonwood Christian Academy girls basketball
Photo Courtesy of TXActionPhoto.com

Posted: Monday, October 20, 2014 1:09 pm
By Matt Welch mwelch@starlocalmedia.com

Prestonwood Christian Academy senior Brooke Alexander will continue her basketball career into college after verbally committing to play for Liberty University.

A combo guard for the reigning TAPPS Division I state champion Lady Lions, Alexander had garnered interest from a variety of programs in the power conferences of the Big 12, SEC and PAC 12 before deciding to play for Liberty, based in Lynchburg, Virginia.

“Liberty University has been to the NCAA tournament 15 of the past 19 years, including making it to the Sweet Sixteen in 2006,” Alexander said in a press release. “I’m also looking to major in business and more importantly minor in missions. It’s my dream to help others and spread God’s word through mission trips abroad.

“I feel Liberty is the best choice to help me reach all my goals both on and off the court.”
Click Here for Full Story
GoLiberty wrote:What Brett McCormick meant was she is 6-1 and can play the 2/3 spots but she will play is the shooting guard and pg spots and can fill in at the 3. That's what I'm hearing from her coaches in Plano.
I can see her as a Point Forward (RIP Don Nelson). I would have reservations about her as a PG at the college level
BJWilliams wrote:She could serve as a third ballhandler option which will help against the press. I would not be comfortable with her as the primary either PH.
She's definitely a 2 and/or a 3. Brittany Campbell, Danika Dale and I believe Jelena Antic also played the 2 at 6'0' - 6'2" and this girl appears to be at least as athletic and quicker if not more so (as a junior in HS).
Chippy wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:She could serve as a third ballhandler option which will help against the press. I would not be comfortable with her as the primary either PH.
She's definitely a 2 and/or a 3. Brittany Campbell, Danika Dale and I believe Jelena Antic also played the 2 at 6'0' - 6'2" and this girl appears to be at least as athletic and quicker if not more so (as a junior in HS).
Like I said...she would make a good third ballhandler option against the press. HAving that kind of ability really would open up options for others. One thing to consider also, is we have 7 players who are either graduating, complete their eligibility in 2014-15 or could elect to not play in 2015-16 so it will be interesting to see how her role develops over next summer and into fall practice, although being a point forward (as PH suggests) is the most likely option
lol..I follow many girls and boys in the DFW area and Texas. Just giving insight into this player. I love high school basketball and I follow these kids as they go into college. That's what college forums are all about.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]