The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

http://www.missouristatebears.com/sport ... 14aab.html
SPRINGFIELD -- Missouri State women’s basketball standout Karly Buer announced Thursday (May 1) that she will not return next season. Buer, who played just four games this year before a knee injury prematurely ended her fourth season at MSU, will graduate from Missouri State this month with a sport and park administration degree before moving on to Liberty University in Virginia to pursue a Master’s degree in sports management with an emphasis in outdoor adventures.

The Concordia, Kan., native received a medical hardship waiver from the NCAA for the 2013-14 season and intends to use her final season of eligibility at the Big South Conference school during the 2014-15 campaign.
Now here is a case where the NCAA rule that says you have to be seeking a degree your current school doesn't offer to be eligible immediatly may actually apply. "Masters in Sport Management with Emphasis in Outdoor Adventures." I kinda doubt Missouri State offers that, and I wonder if anyone but LU does.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Great article by Damien. She has been the most consistent player this year. Can't imagine where this team would be without her. With her quickness and tenacity it has allowed them to play man to man for the first time in ions (ever?).
Great article. I have to say it puzzles me how Karly and her coach at Missouri State possibly could have thought there was any chance the NCAA would have allowed her to take online courses from one school and play for another. No way it was gunna happen.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
It does happen more than you think. For example, I now of a MBB player at a Division I institution in Maryland that is taking three credits at a local community college while concurrently taking 9 credits at the DI institution. He is eligible and playing this season.

I believe the issue was that Karly wouldn't have been enrolled in ANY courses at Missouri State, and that is understandably a problem.
JK37 wrote:It does happen more than you think. For example, I now of a MBB player at a Division I institution in Maryland that is taking three credits at a local community college while concurrently taking 9 credits at the DI institution. He is eligible and playing this season.

I believe the issue was that Karly wouldn't have been enrolled in ANY courses at Missouri State, and that is understandably a problem.
I should have been more clear. The issue was not taking courses at another school. It was not taking any courses at Missouri State.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]