The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:It makes me curious how this affects the team since to my knowledge we only had the one scholarship available
One scholarship? Who left the team? Did Jessi Edmonds lose hers? We will now have 7 guards and 17 players. It's possible the two incoming frosh guards would be redshirted?!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I based that largely on Jasmine being the one senior on the roster. Edmonds remember had a career ending injury so I reckon it would make sense if she did lose her scholarship but don't quote me on that. Maybe Damien knows the deal with that (I think he still lurks on here)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Redshirts would still take a scholarship if I'm not mistaken.
You are correct.
We do have a bunch of players on the roster.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I can't imagine Edmonds will still be on scholarship. I don't know who the other(s) will be, but safe to say one or more will be leaving the team to focus on other priorities. At the risk of sounding sexist, it has been my observation that female athletes are more likely to leave their sport if they feel something else is more important. A couple of examples: Molly Frazee had a year of eligibility left but chose to graduate with her sisters and get on with her nursing career. Nicki Scripko left the vollyball team after her junior year when she got married.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Looks like we have some "subtractions" as well, most notably Reagan Miller, but alsoTesh Hanson and Moriah Begin.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]