The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
Is there an "age limit" for officially signing National Letter of Intent's or making college commitments? :D

I think she would be the Signing Class of 2022. She also has a sixth grade brother playing on boys varsity basketball team.

The national media is abuzz with news of this 9 year old sensation playing varsity at Downey Christian School in Orlando.

USA TODAY LINK:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/jaden-n ... asketball/

Jaden Newman is a 9-year-old fourth grader at Downey Christian School in Orlando, Florida. She is the daughter of the varsity basketball team’s coach, and she also is on the team. Not as a mascot or water girl — She is the point guard.

She is also averaging 14.8 points and 7.5 assists a game. In varsity high school games.

Jaden’s brother, Julian, is a 6th grader who is on the boy’s varsity team, and he is averaging over 16 points a game this season.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
She can't actually sign until the first day of the signing period of her junior year of HS I believe (PH can shed greater light on that). As far as commitments, Im not really sure...if the football stories are any indication, Im sure she could make an informal commitment now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
libertyfan4life wrote:Is there an "age limit" for officially signing National Letter of Intent's or making college commitments? :D

I think she would be the Signing Class of 2022. She also has a sixth grade brother playing on boys varsity basketball team.

The national media is abuzz with news of this 9 year old sensation playing varsity at Downey Christian School in Orlando.

USA TODAY LINK:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/jaden-n ... asketball/

Jaden Newman is a 9-year-old fourth grader at Downey Christian School in Orlando, Florida. She is the daughter of the varsity basketball team’s coach, and she also is on the team. Not as a mascot or water girl — She is the point guard.

She is also averaging 14.8 points and 7.5 assists a game. In varsity high school games.

Jaden’s brother, Julian, is a 6th grader who is on the boy’s varsity team, and he is averaging over 16 points a game this season.
This video has been floating around. Whoever does sign her needs to buy a suitcase so she doesn't have to carry the ball so much. As for her brother he's fine but in his video lets just say the defenders weren't going all out. It's the scourge of the and1 mix tape tours.
By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
Lets keep in mind that she is only 9 and has at least the next decade to develop and refine her skills.

Reminds me of a young Wayne Gretzky as a kid, playing with players twice his age and leading peewee and bantom teams to adolescent greatness.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
libertyfan4life wrote:Lets keep in mind that she is only 9 and has at least the next decade to develop and refine her skills.

Reminds me of a young Wayne Gretzky as a kid, playing with players twice his age and leading peewee and bantom teams to adolescent greatness.
Or Todd Marinovich
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of recruitment, I think LU needs to take a look at the Carter girl from Hertiage High School just down the road from LU, if they're not already recruiting her.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Speaking of recruitment, I think LU needs to take a look at the Carter girl from Hertiage High School just down the road from LU, if they're not already recruiting her.
You think she's that good? :twisted:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Indeed. Especially this year, now that they got rid of the former coach. Dude kept staring at the ceiling all the time!
That's what heard. Complete loser. Everyone says his assistant coach was better!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach,

maybe you could drop a note to coach Green and Coach Campbell (former Brookville product) and see about making a late push to keep her in town. Heck maybe even Haize could drop one too since he used to coach her
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJ. You need to stop with the 'why don't you drop them a note' stuff. I know coaches would not appreciate 'Hey, this guy on the internet told me to drop you a line.."
And do you honestly think they don't already know about her? That's sorta their job
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Oh im sure they know about her...and you dont necessarily have to say "some guy on the internet told me to contact you about so and so". FWIW, I remember watching Carter when I called games for Amherst and she certainly is a legit talent. I havent known him as long as you PH, but I have known him long enough that I can give him a name and he would at least look into it. the only reason I suggest dropping a note is because its probably more productive than talking about it on here and then wondering why they dont offer somebody.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would hope that the LU staff knows about her. If they don't, something is terribly wrong with the recruiting strategy at LU. There should be no way a coach doesn't know about a prospect 3 or 4 miles down the road.
I have heard of coaches at different schools having their assistants read box scores in newspapers looking for prospects.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Me to my brother-in-law last night: "Coaches are not fans, and fans are not coaches."

I see its true here, too.

All u guys ara riot. I come back periodically for entertainment value.

BJ, please DON'T stop.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]