The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Presbyterian College
Clinton, South Carolina

PC Women's Hoops Official Site

BlueHoseSports Hoops Board

Ronny Fisher
6th Season as PC Head Coach

2013-2014 Schedule/Results

• Overall Record ... 3-12
    Big South ........... 1-5
    Road ................... 0-8

Nov 10 - @ Georgia ........................................ 30 - 45 (L)
    Nov 14 - NC Central ....................................... 44 - 55 (L)
    Nov 16 - @ NC State ...................................... 45 - 85 (L)
    Nov 18 - Columbia College ................................ 96 - 38 (W)
    Nov 21 - @ SC State ...................................... 41 - 43 (L)
    Nov 30 - @ Virginia Tech ................................. 33 - 55 (L)
    Dec 04 - Western Carolina ............................... 38 - 42 (L)
    Dec 07 - Gardner-Webb* ................................. 52 - 54 (L)
    Dec 16 - Truett-McConnell ............................... 83 - 41 (W)
    Dec 18 - @ Auburn ......................................... 27 - 64 (L)
    Dec 28 - @ Winthrop* ..................................... 50 - 55 (L)
    Dec 30 - @ UNC Asheville* ............................... 47 - 54 (L)
    Jan 02 - Longwood* ........................................ 43 - 46 (L)
    Jan 04 - Radford* ........................................... 70 - 45 (W)
    Jan 09 - @ High Point* .................................... 64 - 75 (L)
    Jan 11 - @ Liberty* ........................................ 7:00 p.m.

Key Player
    #10 Karlee Taylor
    5' 6" Senior Guard
    Thru 15 Games: Averaging 10.1 Pts & 2.7 Rebs + 35.4% (28-of-79) on 3-Pt Attempts
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
We should dominate this one...Pietrowski is gone and the only player they have over 6-1 averages less than 6 points per game.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Except for a few games they have refined the art of keeping games close - but still losing. Coach has a system tailored to the skill/talent level of his team. We should win our 6th conference game in easy fashion.

It seems Winthrop is not the same team without their starting center Nunn and without her may lose a few more conference games along the way.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Liberty wins 59-51. Ashley Rininger leads the way with 18 points and finishes with another double double. Karlee Taylor (who I believe started out as a walk-on at PC) leads all scorers with 24 and pretty much carried the Blue Hose on her back tonight.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
My thoughts - PC won most of the 50-50 balls and seemed to outhustle us at times. They had 13 offensive rebounds to our 7 and our lack of defensive pressure created only 5 TOs. The refs allowed PC to push our bigs out of offensive position with a lot of shoving and forearms to the backs of our bigs which neutralized our height advantage. I wonder if there was a time coach thought about a box and one on Taylor. We won while playing shorthanded which is a good thing. Now on to Winthrop.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:My thoughts - PC won most of the 50-50 balls and seemed to outhustle us at times. They had 13 offensive rebounds to our 7 and our lack of defensive pressure created only 5 TOs. The refs allowed PC to push our bigs out of offensive position with a lot of shoving and forearms to the backs of our bigs which neutralized our height advantage. I wonder if there was a time coach thought about a box and one on Taylor. We won while playing shorthanded which is a good thing. Now on to Winthrop.
Who were we missing?
We never really generate turnovers so that's not a big deal. The troubling stat is the rebounding edge. That's 2 games in a row where we haven't dominated the boards which is our trademark. The rebound differential needs to be much much higher.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Chippy wrote:My thoughts - PC won most of the 50-50 balls and seemed to outhustle us at times. They had 13 offensive rebounds to our 7 and our lack of defensive pressure created only 5 TOs. The refs allowed PC to push our bigs out of offensive position with a lot of shoving and forearms to the backs of our bigs which neutralized our height advantage. I wonder if there was a time coach thought about a box and one on Taylor. We won while playing shorthanded which is a good thing. Now on to Winthrop.
Who were we missing?
We never really generate turnovers so that's not a big deal. The troubling stat is the rebounding edge. That's 2 games in a row where we haven't dominated the boards which is our trademark. The rebound differential needs to be much much higher.
While we didn't look too good we did out rebound PC 41-32. My question is if we are making more shots than PC (44% to29%), why would anyone be surprised that they might scoop up more offensive rebounds, especially when shooting from outside of the paint? Missing more shots than your opponent seems to give you more opportunities for offensive rebounds. Could you please correct my thought proves? No doubt, We did look pretty lethargic, and how we give up a rebound on a free throw... The PC team certainly played like they wanted the ball more than us.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Who were we missing?
We were missing Sadalia Ellis and Simone Brown, not to mention Jasmine Gardner. Offensive rebounding is heart and effort. With the size we have on the post and with Sanders at the 3, teams should not have that many OR. GW had 17 the game before.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ronny Fisher is the most underrated coach in Big South. And, he KNOWS how to beat Liberty. He just can't sign the horses it takes. But he comes darn close nearly every year.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]