The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Gardner-Webb University
Boiling Springs, North Carolina

G-W Hoops Official Site

GardnerWebbFans Message Board

Rick Reeves
10th Season as G-W Head Coach

2013-2014 Schedule/Results
  • Nov 08 - Montreat ....................................... 86 - 46 (W)
    Nov 11 - UNC Greensboro .............................. 71 - 60 (W)
    Nov 14 - Kennesaw State .............................. 84 - 58 (W)
    Nov 19 - Appalachian State ........................... 69 - 63 (W)
    Nov 25 - @ NC Central ................................. 58 - 89 (L)
    Nov 30 - @ Davidson .................................... 74 - 78 (L)
    Dec 05 - @ Coastal Carolina* ......................... 63 - 85 (L)
    Dec 07 - @ Presbyterian* ............................. 54 - 52 (W)
    Dec 14 - Wofford ......................................... 68 - 57 (W)

Wright State Invitational in Dayton
    Dec 20 - @ Wright State ............................... 77 - 90 (L)
    Dec 21 - vs. Lipscomb ................................... 68 - 86 (L)

Dec 28 - @ UNC Asheville* ............................. 53 - 47 (W)
    Jan 02 - Radford* ......................................... 71 - 57 (W)
    Jan 04 - Winthrop* ....................................... 69 - 56 (W)
    Jan 09 - @ Liberty* ....................................... 7:00 p.m.

Key Player
    #31 Catrina Green
    6' 2" Senior Center
    Thru 14 Games: Averaging 15.9 Pts & 11.6 Rebs + 65.2 FG% & 24 Blocks
By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
Good ole Rick Reeves. I'm still somewhat sentimental about him from the early days of Liberty Women's basketball. His daughters were pretty good ball players (Kimmie) on the mountain as well.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
g-webb1994 wrote:We've had a solid year so far, especially considering all the injuries the ladies are going through.
You guys have had the injury bug for a few years now.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
libertyfan4life wrote:Good ole Rick Reeves. I'm still somewhat sentimental about him from the early days of Liberty Women's basketball. His daughters were pretty good ball players (Kimmie) on the mountain as well.
I, too, am a big fan of Coach Reeves and taught one of his daughters, but it's still fun to beat them! Play Basketball
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
g-webb1994 wrote:We've had a solid year so far, especially considering all the injuries the ladies are going through.
You guys have had the injury bug for a few years now.
Every season since the Hudson twins graduated.

I do think the league is a bit better this year, more than half the teams still at .500 or better. LU clearly the favorite, but not invincible.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of injuries is there any updates on Jasmine Gardner's status for this year, Jessi Edmunds status ever and Sadalia Ellis' availability for Thursday's game ?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Both teams finish with a 'flurry of offense'. 30-17 at half. You can tell GW is under manned/womaned. For some reason our girls don't want to make that high low pass. It not for lack of urging from the coaching staff.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Liberty wins 72-40. Rininger leads all scorers with 22. Green for G-W held to 8 points and 9 rebounds
I gathered that from SLY's post

To tell you how stats can be deceiving. The TO's and Reb's should indicate a very close game because if you can keep that rebound margin close against LU and be equal in the TO battle, that's a recipe for an opponents victory. Then take a gander at the shooting percentages and there is the rest of the story .....
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
GWU looked pretty bad tonight. Couldn't make a basket (or FT) to save their lives. I would be surprised if they play that bad again against us down there. We need to lob more balls into the low blocks to our girls who are 5-6 inches taller than the defender. Begin made a nice lob into Kearney at the end of the game for an easy bucket. Those bounce passes at the posts' ankles drive me goofy, although they're doing less of that this year. We're still a pretty young team - room to improve.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:GWU looked pretty bad tonight. Couldn't make a basket (or FT) to save their lives. I would be surprised if they play that bad again against us down there. We need to lob more balls into the low blocks to our girls who are 8-12inches taller than the defender. Begin made a nice lob into Kearney at the end of the game for an easy bucket. Those bounce passes at the posts' ankles drive me goofy, although they're doing less of that this year. We're still a pretty young team - room to improve.
FIFY

It was the bounce pass off the dribble (which I love as it is a lost art) at the ankles that drove me nuts.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
It was fun seeing Reaves get a technical, and if Purple would have been reffing, he probably would have ejected him for mouthing off after the "T".
:timeout = :blahblah
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:It was fun seeing Reaves get a technical, and if Purple would have been reffing, he probably would have ejected him for mouthing off after the "T".
:timeout = :blahblah
I saw/heard it coming. Of course I wouldn't have given him anything to get that upset about. But if did I'd let him vent for awhile to get it out of his system before I stuck him. He deserved it and he knew it.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Agreed...oh and Ashley has topped her season total from last year with 14 games to go in the regular season. She is currently on pace (based on her current average) to finish with 465 points this year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Agreed...oh and Ashley has topped her season total from last year with 14 games to go in the regular season. She is currently on pace (based on her current average) to finish with 465 points this year.
Were you at the game? Thanks again for the validation either way
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I was not...Im in Portsmouth but I watched the game online (My wife and I moved in with my parents...see The Chapel for why). Id like to swing back through Lynchburg for a home game once Ive settled into my new job, but she certainly is asserting her dominance in the post, which I was curious whether or not she would before the season.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]