The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
We lost 67-56 but only had 21 TO's to their 14
We were out rebounded by 5 but they out scored us by 13 from the FT line.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
When are we finally going to say enough is enough with these turnovers and one and done seasons? That hasn't been any improvement in this program for years and the turnover stats sicken me every year. Every year I say it and every year a million excuses are made. I am sure this year will be no different.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:When are we finally going to say enough is enough with these turnovers and one and done seasons? That hasn't been any improvement in this program for years and the turnover stats sicken me every year. Every year I say it and every year a million excuses are made. I am sure this year will be no different.
+1. Unfortunately as long as Green gets to the tourney, nobody seems to care.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:We lost 67-56 but only had 21 TO's to their 14
Only had 21? :rofl
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:When are we finally going to say enough is enough with these turnovers and one and done seasons? That hasn't been any improvement in this program for years and the turnover stats sicken me every year. Every year I say it and every year a million excuses are made. I am sure this year will be no different.

+infinity
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:We lost 67-56 but only had 21 TO's to their 14
Only had 21? :rofl
I can live with that number. So long as other numbers, shooting percentages, steals, rebounds etc, balance it out.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU was out rebounded by 5 and, according to the paper, JMU "outscored the Flames by 19 in points off turnovers and by 13 in second-chance points."
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Our success is predicated on out rebounding teams. If we don't do that it makes everything else more difficult and highlights other deficiencies
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Our success is predicated on out rebounding teams. If we don't do that it makes everything else more difficult and highlights other deficiencies
Yup. It doesn´t happen very often, but if a Carey Green team gets outrebounded, you can pretty much put that one in the ¨L¨ column.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Our success is predicated on out rebounding teams. If we don't do that it makes everything else more difficult and highlights other deficiencies
Yup. It doesn´t happen very often, but if a Carey Green team gets outrebounded, you can pretty much put that one in the ¨L¨ column.
Yep, pretty much.

As for one-and-dones in the tourney, we're never going to get a shot at anything else regardless of the turnovers, rebound margin, etc...the years we beat Virginia, Xavier, Kansas State and other decent/good teams, we never got higher than a 12...and the year we got the 12 we were sent to an underseeded #5 ODU...on their home floor. The Big South hinders our women's basketball seeding.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
We get to play in the tournament every year. As far as I'm concerned- that's success... Come on, most schools would love to have a program that plays in the post season every year. Women's basketball is dominated by the same schools every year - that will be hard to change any time soon. Would we happy if the boys made the Final Four every year?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Like I said. Same old excuses every year.
+1,000,000,000,000
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:
thepostman wrote:Like I said. Same old excuses every year.
+1,000,000,000,000
We meet expectations just about every year
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
We start 1 freshman, 3 sophomores and a junior and the 4 primary subs are 2 freshmen, 1 sophomore and 1 junior. Our only senior who is an asset on the boards is injured. This is not our best team but this team will improve over the course of the year and finish first or second in BSC, especially when Jasmine comes back. Had she played we'd be 2-0.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:Would we happy if the boys made the Final Four every year?
Fans of Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, etc. would be extremely happy to make the Final Four every year. Liberty? Was that a serious question?
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]