The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:I think with Parker transferring out, that will make Rininger and Adams an even bigger part of our success. The only other post who really could challenge them in conference is Pietrowski at 6-2 and maybe Catrina Green from G-W at 6-1. Maximilien from CSU is very inexperienced as is Parker at Longwood. Walker at Radford will be getting more minutes this year but Im not sure she can really be an elite post in the conference this year. With that in mind, what probably was going to be a disadvantage for LU before this recent change, probably becomes a major strength.
Pietrowski is graduated. Shaquilla Nunn at Winthrop has height (6'3") and some skills. With her, Samiya Wright and McClanahan as POY they can still give us a some comp. Kilpatrick, their 2nd leading scorer, had achilles surgery a few months ago and not sure her availability.
I'm not really all that impressed with Nunn. she disappeared when they needed her against Longwood in the tournament as well as both meetings with Liberty while McClanahan and at times Choibekova carried the day. She really is going to step it up and take some of the pressure off
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I´m sure Miss Nunn will be devestated to hear you are not impressed with her BJ. She may need to take a look at her Wall to see her FOY award or recall fond memories of her TRIPLE DOUBLE WITH 10 BLOCKED SHOTS AGAINST MISSISSIPPI STATE to restore her shattered confidence. She is a lock to be a preseason all conference selection next year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I´m sure Miss Nunn will be devestated to hear you are not impressed with her BJ. She may need to take a look at her Wall to see her FOY award or recall fond memories of her TRIPLE DOUBLE WITH 10 BLOCKED SHOTS AGAINST MISSISSIPPI STATE to restore her shattered confidence. She is a lock to be a preseason all conference selection next year.
You can be POY and still not show up for the big games. Probably even gives you a false sense of self worth and cause you to repeat the performance. Play great until the pressure is on.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
She struggled against us. I think that was less because they were ¨big games¨ than it was the waves of BIG LADIES we threw at her which she had to contend with basically alone.

Let´s face it, BJ is trying to play expert again and he completely overlooks the best returning big in the conference. Then when he is confronted with it, instead of admitting an error, in typical BJ fashion he implies he left her out because he´s ¨not impressed¨.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Pietrowski is still listed on the PC 2013-14 roster chippy
They have her listed as a graduate student but if you look at the stats of the last 4 years she has played at least 28 games per year. How does she get a 5th year when she's already played 4 :dontgetit
By Damien Sordelett
Registration Days Posts
Here is my story from the opening practice Monday for Liberty. Chatted with Emily Frazier, Jasmine Gardner and Catherine Kearney on their recoveries from knee injuries:

http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/liber ... f6878.html

I talked with coach Carey Green about the injuries and also asked about Jessi Edmonds, who will likely not play again because of a severe ankle injury. That will come in tomorrow's blog post.
By Damien Sordelett
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:So, what you're saying is we'll have 5 new starters :shock:
Not saying that. Likely a combination of Frazier/Ellis at PG with Miller at SG, Rininger and Adams in the post, and there is still a competition for the starting SF spot. Rininger started the NCAA Tournament game and is the team's leading returning score. Ellis played a ton against Purdue, which bodes well. Miller has started the last two NCAA Tournament games for Liberty and is the best returning perimeter shooter.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Edmonds is done...career ending injury...sad to see because she looks like she was gonna be a good one and Chippy was very high on her when this thread was started
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope I am wrong, but I think LU struggles this season, especially in the backcourt. I hope someone can step up and repalce Brown, but I have my doubts. Turnovers will continue to be a problem.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I'm worried about our defense. We had 0 steals in a 40 minute game. I don't think I've ever seen a game where a team had no steals. :shock: The back court was suppose to be our strength due to the experience factor but 8 assists and 14 TO's by our 3 starting guards (and no steals) is a concern. One of the freshmen will have to play the 3 and hope by the end of the season can hit double figures consistently. Simone Brown or Mikayla Sanders will be the best fit for that role.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:I'm worried about our defense. We had 0 steals in a 40 minute game. I don't think I've ever seen a game where a team had no steals. :shock: The back court was suppose to be our strength due to the experience factor but 8 assists and 14 TO's by our 3 starting guards (and no steals) is a concern. One of the freshmen will have to play the 3 and hope by the end of the season can hit double figures consistently. Simone Brown or Mikayla Sanders will be the best fit for that role.
We don't have the personnel nor philosophy to generate large numbers of TO's
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Chippy wrote:I'm worried about our defense. We had 0 steals in a 40 minute game. I don't think I've ever seen a game where a team had no steals. :shock: The back court was suppose to be our strength due to the experience factor but 8 assists and 14 TO's by our 3 starting guards (and no steals) is a concern. One of the freshmen will have to play the 3 and hope by the end of the season can hit double figures consistently. Simone Brown or Mikayla Sanders will be the best fit for that role.
We don't have the personnel nor philosophy to generate large numbers of TO's
Although we did play man to man most of the second half once we fell behind by double digits. It generated our first 3 steals of the year :D Had a lot of empty possessions late in the 2nd half and JMU were much more aggressive on the boards than we were. We sure miss Jasmine Gardner around the basket. A young team with potential. Our most talented players are sophomores or freshmen.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]