The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:And we can even talk about holding Griner to 11 & 4. :I chortle audibly.:
Cue Life of Brian......l :D
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Coach has some decisions to make. It seems he is settling on Emily Frazier at PG and Brittany Campbell at the 2. I like Sadalia Ellis at the 1 and Emily at the 2. It will give them better ball handling. I think the 4 and 5 are not totally settled as the freshmen are playing as well as Omatolu and Gardner. I can't imagine this team next year without Devon Brown. She makes us respectable and competitive. We really don't seem to have an option B in terms of an offensive threat or someone to complement her.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Itll be interesting to see what happens...we havent had a really "dominant" big since Katie, and as you noted, we dont have anyone who really has stepped up as another "lights out" scorer. I like the potential of the freshmen though so we will see
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Lemme guess...fire Coach Green and get some young hotshot that can get us to the Final Four in three years and not get beat by 40 by the number 3 team in the country...
You'll never know, because we'll never know.

But then again, I'm shocked you'd defend the status quo. And I've been pretty kind so far this season.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:But this game did exactly what we want a game like this to do
What's that, Coach Purple? :dontgetit
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Lemme guess...fire Coach Green and get some young hotshot that can get us to the Final Four in three years and not get beat by 40 by the number 3 team in the country...
And trailing 45-11 should never be respectable nor tolerated at any level.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I agree, that said, youre talking about a team that has made even some of the top teams in the country look like JV squads (except Stanford). Im sure Coach Green and JB have had discussions about expectations and what not, and Im sure if he was in attendance down in Waco he wasnt happy, but I dont think he is going to be as trigger happy as you might be to can the guy.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I agree, that said, youre talking about a team that has made even some of the top teams in the country look like JV squads (except Stanford). Im sure Coach Green and JB have had discussions about expectations and what not, and Im sure if he was in attendance down in Waco he wasnt happy, but I dont think he is going to be as trigger happy as you might be to can the guy.
They lost a very close game to Stanford and they were playing without their All-American point guard after the first 4 minutes. Baylor is LOADED with talent. They should have beat us by 40+. Our 28-0 team with Kisseleva lost to No. 1 Tennessee by 50 in 1st round of NCAA back when. We got our work cut out for us but until the coach puts the right combination of players on the court who will (A) protect the ball; (B) rebound the ball and (C) put some defensive pressure on the opposition and create TOs we will struggle. Most of the BSC has caught up to us in terms of talent. This is where coaching comes into play.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im interested in seeing how CSU does...they dont have their "VMI style" offense this year where they chuck about 50 threes a game...they did pick up one of our girls though (Carra Coy)...she hasnt played as of yet but will be interesting to see how she fits in there
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Im interested in seeing how CSU does...they dont have their "VMI style" offense this year where they chuck about 50 threes a game...they did pick up one of our girls though (Carra Coy)...she hasnt played as of yet but will be interesting to see how she fits in there
That style gave us some scares last year.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
It did that is for sure...Goodenough left and is now coach at DII Abilene Christian (who I think is moving up to the SLC next year)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That is correct about ACU. I suspect she received a very nice bump in pay leaving Chuck South.

As I said before, LU will win the CUSA but going[…]

Volleyball Coach

Looks like Nolan Albrecht will be acting head coac[…]

Athens Regional

Just moved from NJ to Knoxville area- might take i[…]

2024 Season Thread

The Jackson to the hot seat stuff is almost as[…]