The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Walker Nominated for NCAA Woman of the Year Award
September 6, 2006
Lynchburg, Va.

Former Liberty women’s basketball and track and field student-athlete Stephanie Walker is one of two women nominated by the Big South Conference for the 2006 NCAA Woman of the Year Award.

Walker, who graduated last May with a degree in sport management, persevered through two knee surgeries during her career at Liberty. As a freshman during the 2001-02 year, she was named to the Big South all-rookie team after averaging 8.9 ppg., on the hardwood. Walker also anchored the winning 4 x 100 relay team and finished fourth in the long jump at the Big South Outdoor Track and Field Championships that year.

During her senior year (2004-05), Walker helped the Lady Flames women’s basketball team reach the Sweet 16, serving as a team captain. She then completed her track eligibility in 2006, leading off for the Liberty 4 x 100 relay squad that took third at the Big South Outdoor Track and Field Championships.

In the classroom, Walker was named to the LU Dean’s List each semester she was at Liberty and to the Big South Presidential Honor Roll numerous times. She was also a member of the Liberty Student Athletic Advisory Committee and Alpha Lambda Delta.

The NCAA Woman of the Year Award, which will be handed out on October 28 in Indianapolis, is presented annually to a senior student-athlete who has distinguished herself in the areas of academic achievement, athletics excellence, service and leadership. Winthrop cross country and track and field student-athlete Carrie Selmer is the other Big South nominee.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Miss Smuuv is also currently working with the Lynchburg Hillcats...just an FYI
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Flat out a quality person. I don't care if she wins the award or not. She was a delight to have in class (she didn't snore as loudly as AG did) and was one the WBB players my wife and I "adopted". She is destined for very good things. Yes, I dare say even greater then the Hillcats
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
No matter how hard i could try i dont' think i could find a negative thing to say about Walker. I traveled with the womens basketball team for awhile and got to interview her multiple times and she was always very personable. I really hope she wins.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Injuries really slowed her during her 4 year career too. I am not saying she is as good as Alena Beard but she played that style of ball. She is very very fast and agile. Smoove is one of the good ones for sure. I hope she wins. Sounds like she has the vote of flamfans.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Trust me, it does not offend me when people say there are greater things than the Hillcats.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I gotta say my first year or two at Liberty I remember a couple games where she made a move and you could hear sounds from the crowd like we were at an And 1 show
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]