The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
After this weekend, our RPI dropped from 66 to 71...and High Point moved from the 90s to 72 :shock:
We definitely need to beat them at our place...and convincingly.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Winthrop gets a chance to help you guys out on Saturday when the Eagles head up to HPU...
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Definitely will be pulling for Winthrop in that game
By beigledog
Registration Days Posts
Where do you get women's RPI numbers? I always get the men's RPI from collegerpi.com, but have never seen any women info there.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I go to rpiratings.com
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Who has High Point played? They did play VA Tech and played them close. 91-52
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
I wouldn't complain about High Point having a decent RPI. If Liberty takes care of them at home, it's a quality win. And it looks good for the conference.
By RedDog
Registration Days Posts
RPI is based solely on wins and losses and who your opponent has played and their wins and losses ... Away wins are weighted more than home wins and if you lose at home if costs you more than if you lose on the road ...

It doesn't matter how much you beat the team by or lose by .... It is based on the quality of your wins ... That is why I preach RPI on the baseball page because it doesn't matter how much you beat a team by ... it is the quality of the team you play and that you win, not that play them close ... That is very important for seeding purposes for the tournament.

It is derived from three component factors: Div. I winning percentage (FI, 25%), schedule strength (FII, 50%); and opponent's schedule strength (FIII, 25%). Different weights are given to the location of the game for both the winner and loser of the game. Games against non-Division I opponents are not used in calculating the RPI.

We just need to keep winning - that is all that matters!!!
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
RedDog wrote:RPI is based solely on wins and losses and who your opponent has played and their wins and losses ... Away wins are weighted more than home wins and if you lose at home if costs you more than if you lose on the road ...

It doesn't matter how much you beat the team by or lose by .... It is based on the quality of your wins ... That is why I preach RPI on the baseball page because it doesn't matter how much you beat a team by ... it is the quality of the team you play and that you win, not that play them close ... That is very important for seeding purposes for the tournament.

It is derived from three component factors: Div. I winning percentage (FI, 25%), schedule strength (FII, 50%); and opponent's schedule strength (FIII, 25%). Different weights are given to the location of the game for both the winner and loser of the game. Games against non-Division I opponents are not used in calculating the RPI.

We just need to keep winning - that is all that matters!!!
I disagree with one point... obviously it is better to win than lose but it is not just based "on the quality of your wins." The quality of your losses is just as important. You can gain in the RPI just by playing a good team b/c of the high importance in strength of schedule. That's why out RPI jumped after Florida even though we lost.

This is the formula, from CollegeRPI.com...

The basic formula is 25% team winning percentage (WP), 50% opponents' average winning percentage (OWP), and 25% opponents' opponents' average winning percentage (OOWP).
For the 2004-05 season, the formula was changed to give more weight to road wins vs home wins. A team's win total for RPI purposes is 1.4 * road wins + neutral site wins + 0.6 * home wins. A team's losses is calculated as 0.6 * road losses + neutral site losses + 1.4 * home losses.

For example, a team that is 4-0 at home and 2-7 on the road has a RPI record of 5.2 wins (1.4 * 2 + 0.6 * 4) and 4.2 losses (0.6 * 7). That means that even though it is 6-7, for RPI purposes, it is above .500 (5.2-4.2).

This "weighted" record is only used for the 25% of the formula that is each team's winning percentage. The regular team records are used to calculate OWP and OOWP.

As always, only games against Division I opponents count in the RPI.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I have had Jerry Palm the creator of www.collegerpi.com on my show several times and plan to have him on here in the next week or so and will provide the interview.... I will get him to brake down the whole RPI issue
Last edited by givemethemic on February 1st, 2006, 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RedDog
Registration Days Posts
Good point FSN... I had the correct formula and the correct weights, I just didn't complete the sentence with the quality losses ... But thanks for clearing that up ... I guess my point was it doesn't matter how much you win by or lose by it is who you play ...
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
Tho official NCAA RPI has us a few spots ahead of High Point... but we did take a pretty good hit by losing that game (57 to 70)

70 57 Liberty Big South 12-5 2-5 2- 0 7-0 1-0
71 69 James Madison Colonial 14-4 3-4 2- 0 9-0 0-0
72 59 Tennessee Tech OVC 14-6 7-4 1- 0 6-2 0-0
73 103 South Carolina Southeastern 11-8 2-2 0- 2 9-4 0-0
74 83 High Point Big South 15-4 6-2 0- 2 7-0 2-0
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
whats the update after the weekend games?
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
LU at 68th and HPU at 70th according to collegerpi.com
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
according to rpiratings.com for games through the 19th:

LU: 55
HP: 70
UNCA: 107
CCU: 164
RU: 198
BSC: 245
WU: 256
CSU: 294

Big South: 14
Colonial: 8
Southern: 19

In 15th is the WAC...W00T-our conference is ahead of a I-A
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
we're all "1A" when it comes to any sport other than FB, but your enthusiasm is understood!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We're 50th in today's RPI.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
The Big South is 14th. That is very hard to believe. The conference is greatly improved but wow!

50th is excellent in this so called "rebuilding year"
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
and NO SENIORS!!!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I hope Coach's contract specified "weight in gold"
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP