The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
While most of us were following the men's game, our ladies thoroughly demolished VA Union at the Vines.

LU 71
VA Union 19
By Del Flame
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:While most of us were following the men's game, our ladies thoroughly demolished VA Union at the Vines.

LU 71
VA Union 19
Jelena Antic played very well; her shot looked pure. Everyone got lots of minutes (obviously). Play Basketball
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
All 3 bigs scored in double figures.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:They needed a "breather" game. Turned the ball over 26 times. Yikes!
most of them turnovers were bounce passes to our post players.... thats almost an automatic turnover
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
That and driving into the teeth of the zone. It would be nice if we had some outside shooters to loosen the zones up and free up the post. Just a thought. Dymond had 9 turnovers in I think it was 17 minutes. You can count on the post players to mishandle, walk in traffic, charge etc but you don't want to have your point guard turn it over at that rate.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote:most of them turnovers were bounce passes to our post players.... thats almost an automatic turnover
+1 Play Basketball Never throw a bounce pass to a girl in the paint who is over 6'1". :nono
By Del Flame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:That and driving into the teeth of the zone. It would be nice if we had some outside shooters to loosen the zones up and free up the post. Just a thought. Dymond had 9 turnovers in I think it was 17 minutes. You can count on the post players to mishandle, walk in traffic, charge etc but you don't want to have your point guard turn it over at that rate.
I agree! It was my first game, so I am just learning what we have. It looks like (without Devon) that Jelena is going to have to carry us for a while from the outside. Also, Emily Frazier ran the team much more effectively in the 2nd half, without turning the ball over. I think it is going to be really fun to watch them play!
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
She's getting a few minutes per game. Had a little more time on the floor yesterday due to the level of competition and the large lead. Appears a little reluctant to shoot or create her own shot. Overall, she looked confident on the floor and moved pretty well.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
she is just getting back to live action after basically missing two seasons so you dont want to throw her in to the rotation getting 20+ minutes right out the chute. I like putting her in for short periods (one or two media timeouts) right now while she gets back into "game shape"
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
thesportscritic wrote:most of them turnovers were bounce passes to our post players.... thats almost an automatic turnover
+1 Play Basketball Never throw a bounce pass to a girl in the paint who is over 6'1". :nono
Really? I think you may want to reconsider that statement. I mean if the defender is playing on one side of the post (1/4 front or 1/2 front even some 3/4 fronts), a bounce pass to the other side would be ideal. If the post defender is playing behind and the ball defender has her arms up, a bounce pass would be good there. Also, if the post player is filling a lane on the wing on a fast break a bounce pass in stride for a lay up would be nice. So actually, those are 3 places where a bounce pass regardless of size would be a good idea.
Now if the defense is playing in front or the big is cutting a lob pass might be good. But sometimes those are tough to catch as well.
I'm just saying.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]