The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Our best player, and the best in the conference, Devon Brown, is sitting out with an injury Mike. She is also the emotional leader of the team and our toughest competitor. We have plenty of other talent, but she is definately missed. With Devon on the court we would be 2-0 right now, not 0-2.
By Del Flame
Registration Days Posts
kuntryboimike wrote:Cool. When is she expected to return? I remember reading all this before but I can't remember the details.
Would love to know this too. First home game is Tuesday night; we need her in the line-up before the conference play begins for sure.
By Del Flame
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Basically all Green is saying is it's more important to have her for conference play than it is now.
Thanks, we'll go with that for now, and just watch the action on Tuesday. I'm excited to see them play. It will be my first BB season on campus, so I'm ready!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Our best player, and the best in the conference, Devon Brown, is sitting out with an injury Mike. She is also the emotional leader of the team and our toughest competitor. We have plenty of other talent, but she is definately missed. With Devon on the court we would be 2-0 right now, not 0-2.
One player does not a team make. Just sayin.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Of course not Haize, but having your best player on the floor can certainly make the difference between a 5 point loss and a win. Yes, we need to have some other girls step up, because it doesn't look like we will have Devon for a while.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Its just disappointing because if we were fully healthy (and we never are) we could have a good enough season to demand a 10 or 11 seed. Now, if we make it, we'll be stuck with a 13 or 14.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:Its just disappointing because if we were fully healthy (and we never are) we could have a good enough season to demand a 10 or 11 seed. Now, if we make it, we'll be stuck with a 13 or 14.
We can still win with a 13 or 14 seed (provided we have good officiating). However, the season is still young, and plenty of quality opponents remain with plenty of time for someone else to step up and take over for Devon while she is out.

The injury bug sucks, I don't know why our women's bball team is so plagued by it.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I thought that I saw in the newspaper this morning that Col of Charleston lost to SC Aiken by like 30 points. Is that a correct score? If that is correct then our loss to Col of Char. is a really bad loss indeed.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]