The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, you can't be dissapointed with the final outcome of the season. 13th NCAA tourney appearance in 14 years, and a solid performance against a good Kentucky team. Hats off to Amber Mays who had a terrific senior season. We don't win the championship without her.

You have to be excited about our future with Brown, Warley, and Antic. Dymond Morgan will be able to compensate what we lose from Mays. We'll have plenty of depth with Washington, McLeod, Dale, Beecher, and Coy. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and the 2 injured girls we have come back healthy. Not to mention Tolu and the freshman coming in. I fully expect to win a NCAA tourney game in the next year or two.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I agree. And putting up a strong effort today will help somewhat with seeding next year. With no triplets, we were an unknown to the committee. Not anymore.

I am anxious to see what Emily Frazier can do as the HCYA connection continues to deliver.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, this year was just one of those years where you hope to just make the tourney. Next year we'll expect to make it, and play and schedule the season for seeding.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have heard that scheduling finally brings them down my direction next season possibly against a Big XII opponent. Not sure if it is a done deal yet.
By bozlady
Registration Days Posts
Back from the wedding. Kept track on my bberry thanks to FF. Am so proud of the Lady Flames. What a hard fought game and am soooo looking forward to the next couple of years. I hope Amber does stick around Lynchburg and become a cop. Congratulations Lady Flames on a great season!!
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
It was a great season and a very nice effort for the Lady Flames today. Hard to stop a team that was shooting so well. This year was expected to be a rebuilding year for us due to what we lost. Hopefully we can keep Cary Green around for a few more seasons and looking forward to great things in the future with underclassmen we have and with the 3 redshirts coming in next year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
UK Advances With 83-77 Win Over Liberty
...The Flames outrebounded the Wildcats 38-26, outscored them 54-30 in the paint and had 19 second-chance points. They just couldn't match Kentucky's ability to get to the free-throw line.

The Wildcats made 26 of 36 free throws, compared to just 11 of 16 free throws by Liberty. Green gave credit to Kentucky for its relentlessness attacking the Liberty defense, a charge that was led by Mathies.

"That was the difference in the game," Green said.

The NCAA-tested Flames were hardly intimidated playing in front of a highly partisan crowd in what was a de facto home game for the Wildcats. Liberty, making its 13th NCAA appearance in the last 14 seasons, scored the game's first six points and led by as much as eight.
Post-game article on the UK website (with box score & photos): http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/w-bas ... 10aaa.html

Four of us--including BJ & Flame Convert--watched the game at Buffalo Wild Wings and ate several dozen wings in the process.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Brittany's been practicing full speed for about a month now and is looking like the shooter we needed this year.

Another thing you have to remember is Emily Frazier. She's been practicing with the team since January so she may be a freshman next year, but she's already been through an entire conference season and an NCAA tournament appearance. Don't be surprised if she's not pushing for starters minutes next year.

This team is only going to get better. Devon said it best in the post game press conference when she said we'll be back.
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
Barring any setbacks beyond control, next year's team should be deep. Not to mention that they team is going to play together in Israel for 2 weeks at the end of May, will help big time. Coach Green should have plenty of options as his depth will be better. I guess the only question mark going in is the progression of the back court in terms of outside shooting and solid point guard play. A year from now, that should be figured out. Have a good off season and stay healthy.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Anyone read the comments from DB in the N&A? You have to be excited for the future after reading that.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I know it's shameless self-promoting, but if you watch the video from the press conference yesterday, you can see how emphatically she said it. We actually just got back on campus and in the closing to the last video she said we'll be back, we'll get to do this again next year.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]