The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
We tied for first along with HPU. G-W a close 3rd.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Doesnt really surprise me...I mean looking at the roster we dont have a no doubt dominant player on the roster this year. If there was a time to take us down Id say this is it. We only have one senior (Amber Mays) and if LU wins teh conference this year I think this could be another long run for the Lady Flames
By flames1971
Registration Days Posts
I agree. I just hope that other girls will step up and try to fill the shoes that we left behind. I don't like the idea of being "Frazeeless," though. :cry: Oh well. I hope they will get everything together before the season and that every girl would find their niche within the team and play their best basketball.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Actually, BJ, I believe we will have a dominant player. I'm looking for a breakout year for Avery Whorley. I'll predict here and now that she will lead the BSC in rebounding and shooting percentage, and I wouldn't be surprised if she averages a double double. I don't think there is another post player in the league who can match her combination of size and athleticism.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Actually, BJ, I believe we will have a dominant player. I'm looking for a breakout year for Avery Whorley. I'll predict here and now that she will lead the BSC in rebounding and shooting percentage, and I wouldn't be surprised if she averages a double double. I don't think there is another post player in the league who can match her combination of size and athleticism.
I was talking to someone last night about the womens team and I thought the same thing. Avery could be a very dominant player for us.
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
I also look for a big year from her....

Im also excited to see Amber Mays. She got the hang of the game at this level quickly and works very hard and I think she will be a game-changer for us this year... Now if only Miss Campbell could keep from trying to be Tyler Baker Jr. :D
By kuntryboimike
Registration Days Posts
ive never really followed womans basketball before. not many people seem to care about it but our team seems to be so good. where these girls ranked etc....looking good for only 1 senior!!!! recruits coming in look great too!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Actually, BJ, I believe we will have a dominant player. I'm looking for a breakout year for Avery Whorley. I'll predict here and now that she will lead the BSC in rebounding and shooting percentage, and I wouldn't be surprised if she averages a double double. I don't think there is another post player in the league who can match her combination of size and athleticism.

Im quoting this because I gotta say olldflame called it pretty well this year. Avery has really come into her own this year along with Devon Brown
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Blind squirrel........................... meet acorn. A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Actually, I'm not quite there because I believe Avery is currently second in the BSC in both rebounds and shooting % (behind 2 different players). Her numbers have been way up lately though, so she can still get there.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-h[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]