The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I thought I saw something about Sharon being down in Florida, assistant coach at some college I think. Married to a youth pastor, maybe?
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
I came across some information awhile ago that she was hired on at Florida Gulf Coast University as an assistant coach. Also, while searching for something else, I came across this info...interesting if GWU seeks full membership in BS at some point.
Basketball (W) Staff Bio

Head Coach Rick Reeves

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Position Head Coach
Height
Weight
Hometown

Head Coach Rick Reeves is entering his second season at the helm of the Gardner-Webb University Lady Bulldog basketball program. Reeves came to Boiling Springs after spending five seasons as the head women’s coach at Southern Miss.
Reeves, who has a tremendous history of rebuilding Division I programs during his 18 years in collegiate coaching, has taken his teams to the postseason four times at the Division I level – including three-straight trips to the NCAA Tournament at Liberty University (1997-99) before taking over the reigns at Southern Miss prior to the 1999-2000 season.

In his first year as the head coach at Gardner-Webb, Reeves guided his squad to a nine-win season, a mark that proved to be four wins more than GWU posted in each of the previous two seasons.

Under his tutelage, the Lady Bulldogs have shown steady improvement as a team as well as on an individual basis. This was shown in the Atlantic Sun Conference preseason polls which were released on Oct. 26. In a poll of A-Sun coaches, Gardner-Webb was picked to finish fifth in the 11-team league and was given two first-place votes heading into the 2005-06 campaign. Senior Sequenta Blackman and junior Shameka Smith were also voted onto the preseason All-Atlantic Sun Team. This was the first time that a GWU player had been selected for such a preseason honor. The two were also the only set of teammates to make the list.

As a testament to Reeves’ positive influence as a coach on the collegiate level, 44 former players have gone into the coaching ranks following graduation – with those players on coaching staffs in the SEC, Big South, Conference USA, Missouri Valley, MAC and Southern Conference, among others.

Prior to his arrival at Southern Miss, Reeves was named Big South Conference Coach of the Year three times and State Coach of the Year once during his time directing the Flames’ program in Lynchburg, Va. In 1997-98, he directed Liberty to an amazing 28-0 record heading into the NCAA Tournament – including a Big South Tournament title and regular season championship. That team finished with a 28-1 mark, with the lone loss coming at the hands of eventual national champion Tennessee in the NCAA first round. Liberty posted a phenomenal 71-16 combined record during Reeves’ final three seasons at the school, with three-straight trips to the NCAA’s Big Dance.

Reeves, a 1981 graduate of Indiana State University, earned a master’s degree from Western Kentucky in 1985. He landed his first collegiate head coaching position at Brescia (Ky.) College in 1985, and was the school’s first head women’s basketball coach, starting the program from scratch with 15 freshmen on his roster. From there Reeves went to Cumberland (Tenn.) University in 1986, and led the team to three top-20 finishes at the NAIA level before moving on to an assistant’s position at the University of Florida in 1989-90.

Reeves is married to the former Ramona Parnell of Columbia, Ky. The couple has two daughters, Kim Clark and Krystal Reeves, who are both assistant coaches for Reeves at GWU, and one granddaughter, Grace Ann Clark – born July 26, 2003.

By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Uhm, who wants to break the news to spidey??

OK, I will.

GWU will be a full member. Was announced in May, effective July 2008.

http://www.gwusports.com/story.asp?Regi ... tory=71403
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]