The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Someone said that if we don't come to play we deserve to lose or something along those lines. My response was that the other team is preparing to win too and are division 1 players and that sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way even when you are playing hard and playing well.
Scar if you are referring to me,
If you want to call blowing easy shots and turnovers and not defending, playing hard and well than that is you. We didn't play well last night whatsoever. The only thing we did a decent job yesterday was rebounding.
Last edited by thesportscritic on January 26th, 2006, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Guest
For the most part I thought we played hard and we didn't roll over defensively. They just hit some tough shots. Cook was firing NBA 3's and O'Dell was stretching us too. There is no question we could have defended the three better, but overall we didn't really play awful defensively. We held them to 32% overall, we just didn't adjust to them jacking up almost 30 three's.

Also, our post had a bad night... it happens. Last year we could have a bad post night and a team could hit 10 three's and we could still win. Now the league is better and our margin of error is less. I thought this was a game we could lose BEFORE Megan got hurt, so with her injury it was really a 50/50 game on the road and we got caught on the bad side of the 15-0 run that decided the outcome.

Remember, this team was 14 games into finding it's identity as a young ballclub with so many new faces. Now with Megan gone, it is having to find a new identity again. We are only 2 games into that process and having to play at HP was unfortunate timing.

As I said to Carey last night before the game...assuming that Megan has a complete recovery, what has happened this season is going to make this team soooo much better a year or two down the road. Players are going to have to step up and that is only going to help their progression.

I remember when Kareem got hurt Magic Johnson's rookie year. Magic had to take on extra responsibility and led them to a Championship. Down the road he said that his being thrown in the fire was difficult that year but made him a better player as his career went along. Let's hope this season has the same effect on some of the other players trying to fill in Megan's void.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
Sorry... my log-in must have timed out.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
After talking with several players and Coach Green there a few things that they know that they have to improve on.. 1. is the defending the 3, Cook and O'Dell had open looks all night long off screens... 2. making better passes another 20 turnover game and alot of those were post-entry feeds... I think the team will be ready to go on Saturday afternoon... I just can't see Roli and Kp going 4 for 23 from the field again....but this is definitely a game that we should win.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Lets just hope High Point loses this weekend
Athens Regional

No offense sir but I stand by my statement. T[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Couldn't happen to a better group of skools.

2024 Recruiting Discussion

A few more commits from P4 conferences. These co[…]

2024 Season Thread

Looking ahead to next year I think we'll absolutel[…]