The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dang. They are good. #2 in a player. LU is like a phone without voicemail. No Answer
By Ill flame
I went to high school with a girl that had offers to go to almost any D1 school she wanted and she chose FGCU. This is when they were still new to D1 and I had no clue who they were. I never understood that decision until they went on to the ncaa tourney almost every year and she was a big part of that when healthy. Clearly there's something in the water down there because they haven't slowed down since.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 21st, 2023, 8:32 pm Are you surprised?
FGCU ran a half court trap at the end of the half I’ve only seen one other place

I better be getting a royalty check!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FGCU’s coach hits the weight room ….. but skips leg day
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Inflation has hit FGCU they can’t buy a bucket.
This is the best I’ve seen LU look in a long time! This could be the upset they need! Great energy on the bench
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU did a great job in the second half getting the ball in the paint to utilize height. Either wing penetration or dumping it to a post player
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Over time!!! :shock:
By Ill flame
What a huge 3 to send it to OT. There's a nice crowd on hand for this one.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Free basketball after a huge 3 and 2 ‘being in the right place at the right time’ defensive stops!
They are looking like they are playing to their potential
thesportscritic liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: January 21st, 2023, 9:53 pm What a huge 3 to send it to OT. There's a nice crowd on hand for this one.
That’s cause I’m courtside. I take up a lot of room
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Lady Flames WIN by ten, 88-78. :shock:
ballcoach15 liked this
By Ill flame
I knew FGCU dominated the series but I had no clue they were undefeated against us in 11 games until today.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Great to finally get a W over the Eagles before we depart the ASUN. Another one in the tournament would be even sweeter. :nod
flamehunter, ATrain liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I thought the plays by both teams at the end of regulation were both well-designed and well-executed. Why FGCU, up 3, didn’t foul is beyond me. That said, after Hess’ screener didn’t quite hold her screen, she improvised nicely and hit a huge shot.

FGCU baseline play was predictable. The big has to finish that strong. Block saved the game for LU.

LU holding FGCU scoreless for first three minutes of OT might be the best thing I’ve seen LU women do in 10+ years. Coming back to force OT gave them a lot of confidence. Conversely FGCU looked shell-shocked and resigned to the eventual outcome. I’ve NEVER seen them look that way.

This has the chance to be a bellweather moment for LY - especially if it was staying longer in the ASUN. Of it could be a momentary, out of the ordinary blip. I hope they capitalize on this and keep trending upward.

It certainly makes future FGCU matchups must-see.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The Lady Flames have been on a roll in past couple of weeks, but for some unknown reason, they get no love on message board. :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Interesting Fact - Anyone, including you, are capable and allowed to start a discussion. Feel free to start one if you want.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
With most of discussions I start, apparently no one is smart enough to comment, thus I delete post after a couple of days.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 5:03 pm With most of discussions I start, apparently no one is smart enough to comment, thus I delete post after a couple of days.
Yeah….that’s the reason no one comments on them…go with that…..
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 4:20 pm The Lady Flames have been on a roll in past couple of weeks, but for some unknown reason, they get no love on message board. :dontgetit
The reason is not "unknown". Most of us are focused on the men's team, and they deserve it. The ladies got a good bit of "love" for the fgcu win IMHO.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: January 29th, 2023, 5:17 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 4:20 pm The Lady Flames have been on a roll in past couple of weeks, but for some unknown reason, they get no love on message board. :dontgetit
The reason is not "unknown". Most of us are focused on the men's team, and they deserve it. The ladies got a good bit of "love" for the fgcu win IMHO.
A couple of ladies finally got an opportunity against FGCU and made the most of it. And they are building on that confidence. That was a signature win for the season. But LU is the 2nd best team historically in the ASUN, they should be winning these games.
Baybird liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]