The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ladies are up 41-33 at the half! They really look legit.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the reminder. I need to tune into the second half on ESPN+.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just checked in. This would be a big one!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
After stretching our lead to 14, FGCU has rallied to tie the game at 64 with 5 minutes to play.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe FGCU had some "home-cooking". Lots of fouls called on Liberty.
By LU 57
ballcoach15 wrote: January 15th, 2022, 7:05 pm I believe FGCU had some "home-cooking". Lots of fouls called on Liberty.
Have to agree here. Most glaring in block/charge calls.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 15th, 2022, 7:05 pm I believe FGCU had some "home-cooking". Lots of fouls called on Liberty.
Of course you do :roll:
Maybe LU got called for a lot of fouls because they fouled a lot?
This was a nice game demonstrating the contrasting styles. This is the first time in awhile Green has had a healthy roster FGCU is new school compared to LU’s Old School. LU needed to keep them under 70 to win and almost did it. I’m not sure you can beat FGCU if they put up 70+
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Bell was best player on the floor, and it wasn’t close. Took over second half.

:dontgetit Game management at end? I’m not sure there.
tyndal23 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 15th, 2022, 11:16 pm Bell was best player on the floor, and it wasn’t close. Took over second half.

They were in a position to win the game. Not too much more you can ask for against a team that’s dominated the conference
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: January 15th, 2022, 11:24 pm
JK37 wrote: January 15th, 2022, 11:16 pm Bell was best player on the floor, and it wasn’t close. Took over second half.

They were in a position to win the game. Not too much more you can ask for against a team that’s dominated the conference
I would tell my guards it is ok to take a wide open shot in second half...
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: January 15th, 2022, 11:48 pm

Depends on what your game plan is and where they are in the possession
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: January 16th, 2022, 12:03 am
tyndal23 wrote: January 15th, 2022, 11:48 pm

Depends on what your game plan is and where they are in the possession
Game plan was sound and paint points were way to go - for 3O minutes...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The game plan put them in a position to win against a Top 25 opponent at their place. Not sure why you think it was a bad one. Would a different one have worked? Dunno. Doubt it based on team make up
Baybird liked this
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: January 16th, 2022, 3:46 am The game plan put them in a position to win against a Top 25 opponent at their place. Not sure why you think it was a bad one. Would a different one have worked? Dunno. Doubt it based on team make up
It was a great game plan. But at some point when they know you aren’t even going to take a 12 foot shot when wide open, it gets tougher and tougher to get the ball in the paint. Similar to if Army never threw a pass over the top in football...I doubt HC told his guards to never shoot - they just completely stopped. Regardless, we look like we have closed the gap dramatically on size and talent and have a legit shot at winning the conference tourney.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 4:11 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 16th, 2022, 3:46 am The game plan put them in a position to win against a Top 25 opponent at their place. Not sure why you think it was a bad one. Would a different one have worked? Dunno. Doubt it based on team make up
It was a great game plan. But at some point when they know you aren’t even going to take a 12 foot shot when wide open, it gets tougher and tougher to get the ball in the paint. Similar to if Army never threw a pass over the top in football...I doubt HC told his guards to never shoot - they just completely stopped. Regardless, we look like we have closed the gap dramatically on size and talent and have a legit shot at winning the conference tourney.
1-7 behind the arc. They shot from the outside. Just not often. And didn’t even make 2
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: January 16th, 2022, 4:17 pm
tyndal23 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 4:11 pm
1-7 behind the arc. They shot from the outside. Just not often. And didn’t even make 2
Not a hill I am dying onPH, but to my casual women’s hoops eye - 2nd half and last 10 minutes especially. Kept trying to force a bad pass in to bigs when lane was clogged and opted not to shoot wide open 12-15 footers. Game plan worked great, right to the point they committed to it not working for us, and we didn’t take the wide open shots. Maybe I missed a few attempts and am wrong, but I don’t think so. The UM transfer is solid. I will leave the critiques to all the ex women’s coaches on here. Perhaps I should have made it a question rather than a statement...Did we take enough wide open mid range shots down the stretch ? Is it just me, or does this team seem much better and have a higher ceiling than any the last 3 years?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This is the first fully healthy team he’s had in awhile. Or as healthy as can be. They seem to have good chemistry. They just ha e to get over the FGCU hump. Overall very well rounded Carey Green type team.
Baybird, ballcoach15, ATrain liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:05 pm I will leave the critiques to all the ex women’s coaches on here.
Ballcoach, are you listening? :oldhag I think Tyndal is asking to be coached up!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 17th, 2022, 12:12 pm
tyndal23 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:05 pm I will leave the critiques to all the ex women’s coaches on here.
Ballcoach, are you listening? :oldhag I think Tyndal is asking to be coached up!
I think he means Basketball not Geriatric Pick Up lines :D
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FYI, FGCU star Kierstan Bell has atorn miniscus, and is probably done for the year. They have since lost their first ASUN game to a Stetson team they beat by about 40 earlier in the year. We have them at home on the 24th. Great opportunity.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
That's too bad for them. It would be nice to beat them when they're at full strength because that win will likely have an asterisk in many people's mind.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: February 18th, 2022, 12:52 pm That's too bad for them. It would be nice to beat them when they're at full strength because that win will likely have an asterisk in many people's mind.
agreed. I was so bummed to read that she was hurt, because I really think we were going to beat them by 20 on Thursday.

What I don't get.... Why is their NET ranking still so much higher then ours?? Even after Stetson lose and losing Bell we are 30 spots behind them. And listed on NO brackets. we are 25-2... No respect. And don't say we don't deserve it - we have a name in Women's basketball. We have been a very consistent team over the last decade.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: February 20th, 2022, 9:22 am
rogers3 wrote: February 18th, 2022, 12:52 pm That's too bad for them. It would be nice to beat them when they're at full strength because that win will likely have an asterisk in many people's mind.
agreed. I was so bummed to read that she was hurt, because I really think we were going to beat them by 20 on Thursday.

What I don't get.... Why is their NET ranking still so much higher then ours?? Even after Stetson lose and losing Bell we are 30 spots behind them. And listed on NO brackets. we are 25-2... No respect. And don't say we don't deserve it - we have a name in Women's basketball. We have been a very consistent team over the last decade.
What signature wins do each team have this season?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]