The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Is in the portal.

Not being able to keep up with FGCU is frustrating. Losing one or more of our BEST players every year is way more frustrating. I've talked at length about my feeling that the vast majority of transfers fall in the win-win category. That is not the case with Emily or with Keyen Green last year. They are big losses for our program. Both were starters with every opportunity to use and showcase their skills at Liberty. Why did they choose not to?

Perhaps one reason could be the frustration of not really having a chance to get to the NCAA tournament as a member of the ASUN as long as FGCU continues to be as dominant as they have been. Beyond that, I have to wonder if there is something lacking in the team culture which would cause such valuable players to want to leave.
JK37, thesportscritic liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
No one can under-estimate what CG has done on the mountain. However, like Danny Rocco, it is clear that he has taken us as far as he can. He is also a little long in the tooth and not a natural motivator. I would vote to immediately induct him into the LUHOF and get a younger, more energetic coach. Love the guy, but it still comes down to results. Our trajectory as a team, has been flat at best for the last several years.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I hear that RD is available. :wink:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This is just another example of why I don't like transfer portal. She should have stayed at Liberty.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 10:25 pm This is just another example of why I don't like transfer portal. She should have stayed at Liberty.
That rogue program in Blacksburg MUST have recruited her.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: April 17th, 2021, 8:41 am
ballcoach15 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 10:25 pm This is just another example of why I don't like transfer portal. She should have stayed at Liberty.
That rogue program in Blacksburg MUST have recruited her.
And the rogue program in Oxford has now recruited Ashtyn Baker. :roll:
thesportscritic liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
See, Ballcoach's predictions are right! He may need to change this handle to Nostradamus. :shock: :oldhag :nod
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I think Emily has to sit next year out since this is her second transfer. Transferred fro Arkansas LR her freshman year. Hate to lose her. Was our best player last year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote: April 17th, 2021, 9:03 pm I think Emily has to sit next year out since this is her second transfer. Transferred fro Arkansas LR her freshman year. Hate to lose her. Was our best player last year.
I'm pretty sure the grad transfer rule still applies even if you have a previous transfer.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Interesting choice by Ashtyn Baker. Transferring to D2 Union, where she will play for a coach many of us would like to see as the next WBB coach at Liberty.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 11th, 2021, 8:43 pm Interesting choice by Ashtyn Baker. Transferring to D2 Union, where she will play for a coach many of us would like to see as the next WBB coach at Liberty.
Grad transfer?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 11th, 2021, 8:53 pm
olldflame wrote: May 11th, 2021, 8:43 pm Interesting choice by Ashtyn Baker. Transferring to D2 Union, where she will play for a coach many of us would like to see as the next WBB coach at Liberty.
Grad transfer?
Doesn't really make a lot of difference any more, but I think so.
Union is also pretty close to home for her.
If she choses to use her "covid year" , she should have 2 years there.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]