The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.
By JK37
#574167
oldflame wrote:I would love to see us be the ones to finally knock off FGCU.


Not. Gonna. Happen.
User avatar
By cruzan_flame13
#574168
JK37 wrote:
oldflame wrote:I would love to see us be the ones to finally knock off FGCU.


Not. Gonna. Happen.


Oh ye of little faith Play Basketball.
By lynchburgwildcats
#574174
BJWilliams wrote:You like anything? Seems all you talk about is what you don't like

Apparently he likes complaining about everything he doesn't like and when anything changes.
By oldflame
#574178
JK37 wrote:
oldflame wrote:I would love to see us be the ones to finally knock off FGCU.


Not. Gonna. Happen.


Oh, they are good, and a couple of months ago I would have thought the same. However, after losing to them by a single point at the Vines a month ago, I'm not going to say we can't do it. Gotta beat N Florida first.
User avatar
By Cider Jim
#574182 Last night's attendance was "estimated" at 190, according to the local paper. I was there with Ballcoach and TF, but the place was mostly empty, due to the combination of students being gone for Spring Break and the SNOW.
By JK37
#574189 I was there, too. And I was surprised as many fans were there as there were.
User avatar
By Chainsaw777
#574254
Cider Jim wrote:Last night's attendance was "estimated" at 190, according to the local paper. I was there with Ballcoach and TF, but the place was mostly empty, due to the combination of students being gone for Spring Break and the SNOW.


I was there and if 190 where in attendance, 100 were security, serving food and custodians!!!!
User avatar
By Cider Jim
#574292
Chainsaw777 wrote:I was there and if 190 where in attendance, 100 were security, serving food and custodians!!!!

Maybe they were also counting both teams, coaches, and refs.
By ballcoach15
#574331 Seems as if every time LU has a big game at home, students are on break. I know very little about college academic schedules, but maybe we should hold off on breaks until after each sports season., if possible. :lol:
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#574341
ballcoach15 wrote:Seems as if every time LU has a big game at home, students are on break. I know very little :lol:



FIFY.....again :lol:
By ballcoach15
#574522 LU fans can catch a triple header tomorrow. Softball at 3, then after softball rush over to baseball, then head to Vines Center. I know 3 who will catch all 3 events.
User avatar
By prototype
#574564
Chainsaw777 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Last night's attendance was "estimated" at 190, according to the local paper. I was there with Ballcoach and TF, but the place was mostly empty, due to the combination of students being gone for Spring Break and the SNOW.


I was there and if 190 where in attendance, 100 were security, serving food and custodians!!!!


I was there and brought 7 other people with me. Spring break really hurt us.
By ballcoach15
#574586 Lady Flames win 65-51 over North Florida. Headed to championship game. Game was tied 29-29 at halftime. Strong 2nd half. Coach Green is Coach of Year in my book.
By rogers3
#574595
ballcoach15 wrote:We play FGCU Sunday at 3:00 for ASUN championship.


If someone would have predicted this after our first 10 games, I would have said that they were crazy.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#574631
ballcoach15 wrote:Did anyone notice ASUN had an all female ref crew for this game ?


Welcome to the 21st century. That’s not all that rare nowadays
By Chippy
#574655
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Did anyone notice ASUN had an all female ref crew for this game ?


Welcome to the 21st century. That’s not all that rare nowadays

First time I have ever seen this in 12 years I've been following LU. Pointed this out to my wife during the game.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#574661
JK37 wrote:I’ve seen it a few times this season.


Well we probably watch more WBB than anyone else so that would explain it. Ha
By ballcoach15
#574668 At Texas A&M there were 3 female umpires for a couple of the LU games. But I don't recall seeing all female crew at any of A&M's games.

Sometimes I think NCAA goes overboard trying to be politically correct, or trying to make a social statement.
By oldflame
#574686
ballcoach15 wrote:At Texas A&M there were 3 female umpires for a couple of the LU games. But I don't recall seeing all female crew at any of A&M's games.

Sometimes I think NCAA goes overboard trying to be politically correct, or trying to make a social statement.


Or, maybe it's just that within the relatively small subset of people who are interested enough to go through whatever the qualifying process is to umpire D1 softball, there might be quite a few who PLAYED the sport, and since it's 2019, not 1950, there is nothing to stop them from doing it.
User avatar
By prototype
#574687 Or they identified as men?