If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
So I guess Layer won't be joining the LU staff after all.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Still one spot left on the staff, so Layer is probably still in the mix.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
My Guess..........

Layer was offered an assistants job when he was in Lynchburg, and is holding off a while before committing in the event he gets a HC offer.
olldflame wrote:Jason Eaker has been promoted to assistant coach

ahhh....and the loudness next door will continue....

he seems like a good guy, he just talks loud on the phone...he should move to a house

I hear scar is trying to sell one...Scar you should contact this guy so I can sleep better at night
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
C'mon Jason, turn it down a notch. Let the poor soul get some sleep.
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
Congratulations to both Jason and Tommy. Best of luck in your new roles. You both will do great!
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
Congrats to Jason and Tommy... I am happy to hear the news about Tommy for many reasons.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Soucie seems like a good fit since he has been with McKay for such a long time now. Not sure about the other 2 additions. I would have preferred Sherrard or Layer instead of Eaker for the other assistant. Maybe a salary cap was reached or something. Layer might have demanded too high a salary. The same with Sherrard although Coach McKay might have wanted to clean house and bring in his own.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
eaker has wanted to be an assistant, so im sure RMK saw the eagerness. tommy's dad used to coach at LU under meyer back in the day, so im glad he is staying around as well. soucie obviously s a great fit too.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
Two nice guys, and I wish them well. This thing is full of mixed emotions, because Zach is a great coach, and Alexis and Dom are great people and coaches as well. Coaching is a tough business. Bottom line, best to both Jason and Tommy!!
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Congratulations to those gentleman. It's nice to keep a couple guys around that know the players, even though it isn't who we thought it would be. Hopefully, RM will be able to get another very experienced assistant coach for the other position.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Met Coach McKay and Brad Soucie today at the final 4. Great guys in the few minutes we talked. Coach McKay called me the other night but I missed the call (probably playing Madden :lol: ). But we will talk more next week. I also had a great time spending time with Meyer's coaching tree today. There were about 15 of us at one time in one spot. Getting together tonight as well. Coach D is here too and doing well. Hanging with Coach Leary who has just stepped down from Palm Beach this week due to a lack of support. He is in on some opportunities in Texas though. That guy knows every coach here. The highlight of my day was getting off the plane and having Bill Raftery come up to me and chat me up...Man my head my never fit back into the Vines after that. He has a good memory that is for sure! Still my favorite color commentator (see the other thread about MNF and Joe Thiesman). Anyway, had to take a break to get on here and say hello to you guys....I tried to sell Sousie my house :wink: Not sure Eaker or Crommwell will be making enough at this point to affort it but hey if he wants to stop living next to the postman, he may want to holla at me!
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like great interaction. I enjoy Raftery as well. Glad you are enjoying yourself.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I just love it when Scar drops names like that, but he still didn't mention if he's given Coach McKay some of Mrs. Scar's cookies or not.
:welcome
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Jim, MRS SCAR doesn't bake cookies every day man :lol: She has more important stuff. Truth is I beg for them every day and when I get her to make some, GMTM always comes around and eats them up. TBGBG got a whole bunch for himself and our new Operations coach Tommy Crommwell sent me a text message saying they were the best cookies ever! Quick story/name drop. We were walking behind Jay Bilas outside and some kids start heckling him like the ESPN commercial where everyone is treating him badly and then they pan back and he is in the UNC caffeteria and Hubert Davis calls him "Duke Boy". The kids called him that but of course he didn't turn around. It was kind of amusing but I am sure he must get that a lot now.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Glad you're having a good time SCAR. I know it made you feel good when Coach McKay called, and I remember you stating that you felt after RD was not retained that you thought there would never be an open door policy for you at LU again. I told you then that you were wrong, and hopefully you will be :wink: . Coaches always want to connect with former players of that institution, and you definitely hang around LU enough that he will contact you. That really impresses me that he called you! How did he get your number! :lol:
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:That really impresses me that he called you! How did he get your number! :lol:
He got it from Larry Bird. 8)
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Libertine wrote:
jcmanson wrote:That really impresses me that he called you! How did he get your number! :lol:
Now that is funny :lol: :lol:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Scar - If you are hanging with Stephon, have him introduce you to my buddy Jim Hicks of Cheat Sheet fame. And have Stephon give me a holler if he winds up back working in his hometown. Have fun over there in Atlanta ... but not too much fun.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:
Libertine wrote:
Now that is funny :lol: :lol:
Lib you continue to entertain :lol: Yes coach McKay did call me and I assume he got my number from AD Barber or from the basketball roll-a-dex. He was watching games from our tv telecasts and wanted to talk to me since I am an alumnus. Sly, I will ask Steph about your boy.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Scar, IF the Bruins make it to Monday's game, I am expecting a call and a ticket. :D
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:Jim, MRS SCAR doesn't bake cookies every day man :lol: She has more important stuff. Truth is I beg for them every day and when I get her to make some, GMTM always comes around and eats them up. TBGBG got a whole bunch for himself and our new Operations coach Tommy Crommwell sent me a text message saying they were the best cookies ever! Quick story/name drop. We were walking behind Jay Bilas outside and some kids start heckling him like the ESPN commercial where everyone is treating him badly and then they pan back and he is in the UNC caffeteria and Hubert Davis calls him "Duke Boy". The kids called him that but of course he didn't turn around. It was kind of amusing but I am sure he must get that a lot now.
Yes I did, Dozens Of them, I went through Gallons of milk and they were AMAZING
Future Schedules.... Again

One day, our fans will learn to appreciate the imp[…]

Prayers please

Gods design is not only simpler, but way more pl[…]

CUSA Tournament Las Cruces, NM

Please correct me if I am wrong, but after doing a[…]

Volleyball Coach

Looks like Nolan Albrecht will be acting head co[…]